CHAPTER 2

While waiting for the family in the dining room, Alex, Rita and Frank were talking.

"Are you having a good time here, Alex?" Tio Frank asked her.

"Of course tio, as a girl who grew up in a country, I so much love the place. Texas is not very far different from Arizona." She answered back.

"Wait, I thought you're from Tennessee?" Rita was confused asking her.

"I grew up in Arizona, when I was 15, my family moved to Tennessee for a necessary things. My grandma and grandpa were left there. But every summer and Christmas, we used to visit the two old people." She stated smiling, as if reminiscing her past.

"Aren't you missing them?" Said Tio Frank who's getting a water in the fridge and took a sip.

"Of course I am, they are so lovely, and I was used to being with them, being cared and protected by them whenever I encountered a fight." Alex told the two, close to crying.

"Sorry about that dear, here, drink this." Tio Frank offered her a glass of water to drink.

After the talking, it was perfect the family arrived from a trip. She stood there waiting for them to approach her.

"You are Maria's tutor, if I am not mistaken." The lady in her late seventies asked her.

"Yes Ma'am." She said nervously.

"Oh what's your name, lady?"

"Alex, Alex Johnson, ma'am."

"Oh why Miss Johnson, make yourself at home." She finally smiled at her. "Okay, lets eat now folks, I'm starving from the trip."

In the dining table where there were ten chairs and six people including Alex was eating. She found out that the old couple are sweet with each other and to everyone.

After the dinner, Alex was being called by Laura Lucas.

"Alex dear, are you enjoying yourself here?"

"Yes Mrs. Lucas, I love the place and the people." She said smiling.

"Oh call me grandma, and by the way Maria will be here tomorrow with Jose. Don't worry she is a lovely girl and you wont find difficult teaching her cause she is smart and clever." Laura told her, the nervous and worry faded through her veins.

"She must be lovely, Mrs. Lucas." She said to the old lady in front of her.

"Okay I must say good night now, Alex dear. Have a nice sleep." Laura headed to the bedroom then.

She was about to ask her if who's Jose, but then it was too late, so she made a guts he was Maria's father or one of Laura's son. But wondered where is her mother. How she looked like, she was pretty sure Maria is beautiful just by basing in her name.

She goes to her bedroom smiling and lay down to the soft cottony bed. When she cannot sleep, she went to the kitchen and made herself a coffee. Walked herself to the patio and sit on the long sofa. It was a starry night and perfect for deep thinking. She already miss her parents and her brothers. She's the one and only daughter of Anna and Fred Johnson. She accepted this job to get away and move on from the cheater, her boyfriend. It hurts remembering what he's done to her. She just cannot accept the fact that he slept with a tramp that night when she doesn't want to sleep with him. She felt defeated. She didn't noticed the tears rolling down to her cheeks and all of a sudden she sobbed. She then go back to her bedroom and cry herself to sleep.

HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS CHAPTER, I KNOW THE BEGINNING OF THE STORY IS KINDA CORNY YET I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN. LOTS OF LOVE. PEACE OUT FOLKS.