CHAPTER 16

This is the day everyone is waiting for. A grand day for both of Alex and Jose. Family to family. Friends are invited. It was just a garden wedding with a vintage-modern motifs.

Alex wore a classic and backless wedding gown. It was so beautiful and she was so beautiful. She looked at herself in the mirror and find herself so simple yet fascinating. Laura walked into the room.

"Are you ready?" Laura asked her smiling.

"I don't know grandma, I am happy but also worried." She told the old woman. She already let her know about her feelings towards Jose and Laura was happy about it.

She was also told by the old woman it was just an arrange marriage because she saw the two have chemistry but was in denial and they already planned it out but then she caught them making love with all the passion so her urge to arrange the marriage for both of them triggered and planned about it so soon. Of course, arrange marriage that only Laura, Juan, Rita and Alex knew. Elena was also informed and got furious but can not do anything with it.

"I know Jose doesn't love you, but he will learn to love you darling. The girl like you is deserving for his love. I knew him, he was sweet, gentle and passionate."

"I hope he will, I want him all my life but maybe he will leave me after one year or two."

"Just do this for me, Alex. Please. I want you to be the wife of my grandson."

"But-"

"No buts, okay?" Laura smiled at her before leaving.

This wedding is unrealistic for both of her and Jose. Engagement party was not held. No engagement ring.

She was so nervous while walking at the aisle. The visitors are looking at her. She was with her parents. Of course, she doesn't have to let them know this was all fake, her parents especially her father wont agree. He wants the best for her and not a fake wedding. She let the tears fall, she was happy, sad, nervous. Mixed emotions. She didn't realize she was being held by Jose right now.

The ceremony has begun.

"I, Jose, take you, Alex, to be my wife, and these things I promise you: I will be faithful to you and honest with you; I will respect, trust, help, and care for you; I will share my life with you; I will forgive you as we have been forgiven; and I will try with you better to understand ourselves, the world and God; to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part."

He was that sincere when he said that vow. But she was sure as hell it was all scripted.

"In the name of God, I, Alex, take you, Jose, to be my lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

She silently let the tears flow in her cheeks, she can't believe this is happening. She is very happy somehow she is married with the man she secretly love.

Jose kissed her, she thought it was long and passionate but it was more of a peck. Everyone was clapping and happy to see them. The ceremony was done.

They were all gathered to the reception and Jose grabbed her from behind.

"Don't be such a ridiculous bitch." Jose told her in a cruel tone. She didn't want this attitude of him. She was scared.

"W-what do you mean." She stammered

"Oh really? Well, act like it is a real one, I don't want anyone will find out about this."

"I am acting my best here." She said and left.

She bump at Laura who was holding a paper bag.

"Grandma."

"Dear what happened?"

"Nothing." She smiled at the old.

"Alright, come on. I have an announcement."

She followed Laura and stayed in one side when the old woman went to the stage.

"Good evening everyone. I am so thankful today, and thank you for coming. Today is the very special day of my grandson, Jose." She had a speech and everybody was listening. "I am so happy and thankful. Also I would like to thank you to my very good friend Imelda for giving the newly wed a one week stay for their honeymoon to her very own luxurious hotel in California."

Everyone was clapping when Laura ended her speech, everyone congratulate the couple.

"Dear, wear this on your first night." Mrs. Peterson, their neighbor hand her a gift. "Good luck to a wild and passionate touch as a wedded couple." The woman winked at her, she felt odd but she thanked her instead.

Many people gave them gifts, including Maria. Of course, she opened it quickly and found a frame with picture of Jose and her wearing a couple shirt, she remembered this, the one that Maria asked her to wore that thing. This naughty little girl, she thought smiling.

They were on their way to California. As expected, they are both silent and no one wants to open a conversation.

Alex decided to be the one to talk first while looking at her wedding ring.

"Grandma told me she will expect a baby when we come home. I find it so ridiculous." She slightly laugh.

"You really think I would fuck you tonight?" He sarcastically said.

She was shocked to that statement. She want to slap his face but chose to calm. "No it's not that, I guess she's just kidding when she said that."

"Then why are you telling me that shit?" He looked at her with hate.

She looked at him. "I'm sorry. I thought it is ridiculous. I'm so sorry."

He said nothing and rolled his eyes.

She was hurt by his behavior. She decided to keep quiet til they arrived at the hotel. It was glamorous, so beautiful. The things are so modern. Simple but creative. A living room, one bedroom, kitchen and a bathroom. Perfect for a couple.

Alex was tired and go to bathroom to take a bath. In her mind, she thought of seducing her husband. It's not an illegal thing nor an embarrassing one, they were married. Since she missed his kisses and the way his hands touching her body. If things would go through tonight, this is their first time making love. She smiled playfully and get out of the bathroom when she was done. She get the seductive nighties, the one that was given to her. She made a face when she saw her reflection in the mirror. It was not her but she wanted to start and give meaning to the "honeymoon" thing.