CHAPTER 8

As days past by, Alex was happy. Maria learned faster than she thought. She get and catches the lesson quickly. She was not a little girl anymore. But she was also a little annoyed. She and Jose, they were still fighting. Sometimes, he was sweet but most of the times, he ignored her like they are not friends. As though he never informed or announced that they are friends, but she was hoping.

She can not understand his attitude, more of like a girl. He must be a gay and pretending, she thought.

"It's time to sleep now darling." Laura said to her.

"Hi grandma." Wiping her tears away with the back of her hands.

"What are you doing here, is there anything bothering the beauty?"

"Nothing, grandma. I am just happy that I have a boss just like you." And all of a sudden she missed her grandparents.

"Oh my darling, I fell in love with you at first sight. I want you to be part of the family."

"Thank you so much, you are like my real grandmother. So kind."

"Where is she my dear?"

"She is in Arizona, and it's been 3 years since the last time we met. I missed her so much also my grandfather. They care and love me so much." She sobbed.

"Oh hija, come here!" Laura said and hugged the beautiful lady, Alex. "Stop crying now."

After the talk, they exchanged goodnight kisses and she walked herself to her bedroom and cried herself to sleep. She missed the two old couple who took care of her when she was young. Her heart belongs to them and she wished if only she was not needing a job, she would go back to Arizona and live together with them.

Yes, they have ranch, her father is a farmer and a businessman, her mother is a teacher but she learned to become and independent person taught by her grandparents. She saluted them.

After that talk with Laura, Alex become more close to the old lady. She was not just a teacher of Maria, but she also care for her like her own daughter, knowing that Maria's mother, Celeste was in Paris with her stepfather, Harold. She learned that Jose stand as a father and tio of the girl. She felt pity but that's the way it is.

Maria is turning 12 and the family was gathered to have a meeting in the living room for their Maria's birthday, they wanted it to be elegant and wonderful party because she is considered to be a teen one.

"Can we just have a little gathering, I don't like to be a center of attraction."

"No, no, no, Maria, my love. Let's celebrate that occasion and have a party."

"Grandma we don't have to, it is just a waste of money." She cried.

"Don't think about that, sweetheart. We can handle this." Her grand father told her.

"Please grandpa, it is not my debut yet. We can have just us and the neighbors for a dinner and that's all. My birthday will be complete already. She smiled to Juan.

"But you wanted that your birthday is special and beautiful. My sweet, don't worry, alright?"

"But tio, Alex taught me to be thrifty. She taught me how important money is and also how to be independent. I was spoiled I knew that, but now I realized it is so tiring."

Alex was shocked by the compliment of the young lady.

"Okay, as you wish." Jose said as if he lose the competition.

Alex was at the terrace when someone grip her arms tightly and let her face him.

"You can not just tell Maria something about that."

"What do you mean?" She was confused of what he was talking about. She was hurt by his grip but did not mind at all.

"You know that we are spoiling her, don't you. Don't teach her about your nonsense independent independent thing." He was furious and eyes turn dark.

"What? Like you don't want her to be independent? Are you sure of your words?"

"I want to but she is young, way too young." He said letting her go.