CHAPTER 14

It was morning, Alex was packing her few things, she doesn't need to bring many clothes because it is their house she would going to. She was in deep thought when she heard a knock and the opening of the door.

"Tia, Merry Christmas." Maria hand her a gift. "Where that on Christmas eve. Take a picture and put in a frame."

"Thank you and I would sweetie." She smiled to Maria.

"I hope you will come back."

"What makes you think I would not. Baby, my job here is four years. I am just here for over 10 months yet. I sure am coming back."

Alex was going home and celebrate Christmas with her family. She must be happy she could see and be with them after how many months though. She really missed them so much she could fly Texas to Nashville. Her grandparents was already their. She said goodbye to the Lucas couple, Rita, Frank and Maria. So sad Jose was not their. She felt like missing someone, it couldn't be her ex boyfriend cause she was sure she finally moved on. She sighed and drove home.

It was been hours and she sure is tired. But she manage to be alert and finally she made it.

"Sweeeetieee." Anna exclaimed the time she saw her lovely daughter.

"Mom." She simply say and kissed her cheek.

"How are you? My baby."

"I'm fine."

"You look pale!" Anna said with doubt.

She raised her eyebrows and looked at her mom as if she knows what she was thinking.

Her mom gasped. "You are pregnant."

"Momma."

"What? I'm just asking."

"Actually you're saying it and why do you think so?"

"You look so pale and seemed like you are super stressed."

They were heading inside while talking. She saw her Daddy. She kissed him and told him she missed him so much. It was a long day and she was at her bedroom, she talked to her grandma before going to bed, they discussed about their renewal vows. They look so lovely and she was inspired by them, she hope for that kind of marriage, it would last long, not by force but pure love.

Two days before Christmas and Anna and Alex went to the grocery store together with Fred, they bought the needs for their Christmas dinner. They bought supplies for spaghetti, pasta, casserole, meat for barbeque and others. She was physically tired but emotionally pained. It caused by the best cold hearted man on earth. She wouldn't expect she was hurt this much.

CHRISTMAS EVE.

She wore the T-shirt Maria gave to her as she promised. It was printed with heart and a locked key emoji on the inside of the heart, and at the back side, it was words saying "It was you who locked me up!"

She wondered why it was this words written, maybe Maria just bought this to the mall in random due that the place was over crowded and she wanted to go fast and picked it up but as a gift, whatever it was, she would heartily accept it, also Jose, she would accept him.

She wonder why he can not get him off of her mind, he did everything to hurt her, to crashed her down but every time she thought of him, everything vanished.

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart." Fred says smiling.

"Merry Christmas, Daddy." She put a fake smile on her lips.

"Is there anything bothering my baby? Or should I say anyone."

"Dad, you know Michael and I broke up before I flew away."

"It is not Michael I mean."

"Isn't he?"

"My sweet, your momma told me about the guy, and it hurts me more seeing you that way."

"Daddy, I think I'm falling for him, I just don't know. He caused me pain but I don't care, and I don't know why." She cried.

"I know Alex, maybe you shouldn't have to go back there and just find job here in Nashville. Here you could be with your Nanny and Dada, and away from him."

"Dad, you know how I love my job there."

"I understand my sweet."

They headed to the living room where their family was chattering.