CHAPTER 9

"Then what's wrong if she's young."

"Dammit, I wanted to spoiled her you fool. I wanted her to feel that she is special to us, important and all her wishes are coming true. You know a little story about her mother right? Right?" Jose shouted.

"Yeah." She said in whisper.

"I don't want her to feel abandoned, she was lovely, and I don't care if her mother is my cousin, I still hate her." He said looking up the stars. "I want the best for my niece."

Jose could not measure his love for his niece. He loved her more than his life. He treated her as his own daughter. He would catch any bullet for her. But he couldn't do something to celebrate her birthday into a glamorous one because she want it simple.

The day is yet to come and Alex wear her black cocktail dress that hugged her curves and silver stilettos that added her height. She braided her hair into the right side. She watched herself in the mirror and smile. Beauty, she whispered.

At the living room where the mini party were being held. She walked towards Maria who looked very beautiful in her red long backless dress. She looked better than a débutante.

"Is this simple, tia?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, kinda."

"I cannot stop tio Jose in doing this all." She sighed. "He told me that it will be simple but the decorations and all are not. Well, maybe it is his definition of simple. I hate big party, strangers are coming."

"Oh yeah! Buy don't worry sweet, we made sure the people are just neighbors."

Laura excused Maria for awhile. She smiled when the young lady was being greeted by people.

She went outside and stared to the starry sky. She was happy today. Jose was being nice to her. She remembered what happened lately in the garden.

"Alex."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for what happened. I just love Maria so much that I could give her anything."

"Yeah I understand Jose."

"Here!" He picked a flower and give to her.

"Wait, what's this?"

"Flower" He smiled to her.

"I mean for what?" She looked at him quizzically.

"Peace offering. Let me." He get the flower from her hand and put it in her ear. He smile. "You look beautiful."

She smiled remembering that scenario. How she wished Jose will be forever that sweet but she could not please him sometimes, he is mean and a second after, he is sweet and caring. She was surprised when someone sit beside her on the long wooden chair outside the mansion.

"Hi Miss." The man says.

"Hey." She responded.

"What are you doing here? The party is inside."

"Just thinking something and I was about to go inside then you came."

"Oh that's insane, well, I am Franco."

"Alex." She accepted the hand of his and looked into his face. He was gorgeous and lovely, and she was sure he has the typical body of a man. But Jose is more her type, he is too handsome.

They talk and after, they headed inside. She saw Jose in his suit, he looked so handsome. She never imagine he looked his beautiful in a suit, she always sees him in cowboy attire.

Jose was looking in her way and saw she was with another man, and became angry that the man was Franco. Franco was his friend, and he knew that he was married before and his wife dead. Now he is single and happy go lucky. Franco is gentleman but Jose wanted Alex with him, but seemed like she was enjoying with Franco.