Chapter 2

Brianna POV

I've been here for a few months and everything has been going good. School is pretty good but its a couple girls who been messing with me because I'm more of the quiet type. I don't mess with nobody and I stay to myself most of the time. I only really talk to my brothers and my cousins. I have a few friends but not many because I don't talk to people. And my friends are mainly the girls from the dance team.

Its about a week before thanksgiving and I have been feeling kinda down lately. Like I've been thinking a lot about my brother and my mom lately. Even though my mama wasn't really there or anything she was still my mama and I still loved her. Losing her was hard on me even though I didn't really show it. And Jaylen. I really miss my brother around this time of the year. My uncle Jay really do remind me a lot of my brother. They personalities is similar and he even look like him. I really miss my brother.

I am sitting on my bed when all my brothers and cousins came in my room.

I was looking at a old picture of Jaylen and I was crying a lil bit.

Tierra-Who is that Bri?

Me-My brother.

They just nodded and then all crowded around me in my bed.

Deja looked at the picture.

Deja- He looks just like u.

Me-Yea everyone always said that I was his twin cause we looked so much alike.

Jahari-What was he like?

I think I'm ready to actually talk about him and my mom now.

Me-He was amazing. He would always try to make the best of our situation at home. He could always make me laugh when I was feeling sad. He was very protective of me too. He always kept me close to him especially when our mom would have people over. He would take me into the little room in the back and he would make up some type of game for us to play or he would take me to the park or something to get me out of there. He always told me that when he turned 18 he was gon get us both outta there. That he was gon always make sure we was good. He got a job and started saving up money so that when he turned 18 he could get us somewhere to stay. He never got the chance to do that tho.

I wiped my face.

Cameron hugged me.

Cam-Its OK Bri.

Me-No its not. I'm the reason he's dead. He died trying to protect me.

I started crying harder and then I started having a flashback.

*Flashback*

I'm sitting in the little room in our apartment watching the TV. I'm only 9 years old at this time. My mom was sitting across the room sticking this needle in her arm. Her boyfriend is here and he creeps me out. I don't like him. He always staring at me and its scary. He's scary. He hits me all the time when Jaylen isn't around and he threatens me not to tell anyone what's happening.