Chapter 4

Hakeem(Dad) POV

We all sitting around at the dance studio while the girls get ready for they competition this weekend. Bri and Faith got a duet together and its a praise dance. They got it all down now and they just gotta clean it up.

My phone rung and I looked at it. It was Amir. He came to the competition in NOLA a couple months ago and he decided to keep in touch so he can check on Bri.

I went outside and answered the phone.

Me-Hello?

Amir-Mr.King.

Something wrong. I can hear it all in his voice.

Me-What's wrong Amir?

He took a deep breath.

Amir-Its Miss Janice. She....

Me-She what Amir?

Amir-She gone. Somebody broke into her house this morning and shot her.

God damn! This gon really break Bri.

Me-Damn.

Amir-Its worse than that tho Mr.King.

Me-What else going on?

Amir-Whoever did it left a note and it said that Bri was next.

Hell naw.

Me-Do u know who did it?

Amir-I got a idea but I can't say nun else over the phone. I'm gon come down there later on today. But till then don't let Bri outta yo sight. Don't let nobody who y'all don't know around her either.

Me-Ok. Call me when u get into town.

Amir-I got u.

He hung up.

I ran my hands down my face. My baby girl has been through so much in her life already and she's only 12. And now somebody talking bout they coming after her? Ain't nobody gon fuck with my baby girl. I ain't gon let nobody fuck wit her. I'll do anything for her. I'll kill any fucking body who try to hurt her.

Now I gotta tell her that her grandma gone? That's gon break her even more than Jaylen and her mama. I know that I need to tell her bout her grandma but I don't know if I want to tell her about somebody trying to come after her. Its gon scare her but I know that she needs to know so that if anybody try to do anything to her, she can get to one of us.