Chapter 8

Brianna POV

So y'all I am 28 years old. I moved to Miami when I graduated high school and I went to college here. I got my PhD in psychology and I have my Masters in Social Work.

I have my own clinic and I also own a shelter for women and children.

I have been dating this man for about 5 years now. He is so sweet. I am in love with him. He is amazing.

I'm not going to be seeing him for a while tho because I am going home to visit the fam for the next few months. I am leaving the shelter and my clinic in the hands of my partner. I can trust this girl with my life. She has been my best friend for about 15 years now. We went to college together here at the University of Miami. She also has her PhD in psychology and she is currently in the process of getting her masters in social work.

I'm currently at my house getting ready to go. I haven't been home in nearly 3 years. I'll be there for a while. I plan on staying for as long ad I can because I need to spend time with my girls. And I have two little sisters. Aniyah is 14 and Amaria is 11. They both have the same mom. My dad has been with their mom since I was 14 years old. They got married 9 years ago.

I love her just like she was my own mom. She is amazing and my dad loves her.

All my brothers doing good. They still staying in Jackson. They moved out the house but they still stay really close by. I'm pretty sure that they all spend most of their time at the house with our parents.

I just finished packing and now I need to find me some clothes to wear. I need to find something that's big enough to cover my baby bump. Yes I'm pregnant. 3 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days to be exact.

I am already showing but I'm not really ready for anyone to know yet. I want Iman to be the first person to know.

I took my shower after I finished doing my hygiene stuff and then I got dressed.

When I finished getting ready, I got all my bags and took them out to my car.

I slid them in my trunk and then I got in the driver seat.

I picked my best friend up on the way to the airport because I am leaving my car with her too.

When we got to the airport, she helped me take all my bags in and then she left.

Pretty soon, everyone boarded the plane and we took off.

I think I slept this whole flight.

When I woke up, I had like 5 more minutes before we landed.

Amir and Jakhary are picking me up from the airport.

We landed and then we all got off the plane.

I went to get my bags and then walled up to the front. Jakhary saw me and yelled out my name.

Jakhary-Bri!