Chapter 11

Brianna POV

I'm laying down in the bed when my phone starts ringing.

I look down at it and see that it's Iman calling me.

I ignore it and then continue watching the tv.

My phome rings again and this time i pick it up.

Me-What do u want?

Iman-I want to talk to u.

Me-Talk to me about what? U made it very clear that u didn't want shit to do with me or your child.

Iman-I was off something that day Bri. I ended up passing out soon after y'all left from my parents house and when i woke up they told me everything that i had said to u and i couldn't bring myself to talk to u before now because i felt horrible about the things that i said.

Me-Iman, i want u to understand that u really hurt me with the things that u said.

Iman-I know and I'm so sorry. Can u meet me somewhere so we can talk in person?

Me-U can come here to my parents house.

Iman-They gon kill me if i come over there Bri.

Me-No they won't. I won't let them hurt u unless u do or say something reckless or stupid.

Iman-Ok. I'll be over there in about 30 minutes.

Me-K.

I finish texting him and then get up and go downstairs.

I need to let my brothers know now that he coming cause if i don't, they might kill him when he just pops up at the front door.

I go in the livimg room and to my luck, all 10 of my brothers are here.

Me-Iman is on his way over here.

Cameron-For what?

Me-He text me saying he wanted to talk so i told him to come over here. I just wanted to let y'all know he was coming cause if he just popped up at the door y'all would beat his ass.

Andrew-And what makes u think that u telling us he was coming would stop us from beating his ass?

Me-I was kinda just hoping that maybe y'all would just let me talk to him for a minute before y'all did anything. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt since i am carrying his child.

Treyvon-He wasn't thinking bout that shit when he said what he said to u about my niece not making it.

Me-I just want to hear him out. He said that he wasn't himself when he said those things and....

Jahari-And u believe him?

Me-I do.

Someone started knocking on the front door and I went to open it.

Imam came in and we walked back to the kitchen and sat down.

Iman-Bri, I just want to apologize to you for all of the pain and hurt that I have cause you in these last few months. What I said at the dinner party,  I didn't mean it.  I don't even remember what I said because I was high and I had been drinking. When my parents told me about it when I sobered up,  and they told me how I had hurt you by saying that, I felt so bad. And I...I just want to be a part of my daughters life.

Me-Iman, I usually don't give people second chances when they hurt me or fuck me over but I'm giving you this second chance to make things right. And I am only doing this because I still love you.  Even after all the bullshit, I haven't been able to get myself to stop loving you.