Chapter 12

Brianna POV

I'm still half way asleep when I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I automatically know that something is wrong so I call out for my mom and dad.

They both come running into my room.

Dad: What's wrong Bri?

Me: Something's wrong?

Mom: What do you mean? What's wrong?

Me: I got a sharp pain in my stomach.

My dad was about to help me up so that he could take me downstairs and we cod head to the hospital when I got another sharp pain.

Mom: I'm going to call an ambulance.

She grabs my phone off the nightstand and dials 911.

Mom: My daughter is 7 months pregnant and she is having sharp pains in her stomach.

......

Mom: 7648 Riley Lane

......

Mom: Hakeem they said to check her pulse.

He checked it on my wrist and I know it's fast cause I can feel my heart palpitating in my chest.

Dad: It's 110 per minute.

Mom: It's 110 beats per minute.

....

Mom: Yes.

....

Mom: Aniyah, go get her a cold towel.

She ran out of my room to get it.

As she was coming back up with the towel, the paramedics was coming in too.

They came up to my room and checked my vitals and stuff and then put me on the stretcher and took me down to the ambulance.

I am so scared right now.

Before they put me in the ambulance, I told my dad to call Iman and let him know what was going on and that they can meet us at the hospital.

We get to the hospital and they take me in.

They won't let anyone come back here with me and I'm literally freaking the fuck out right now.

A doctor comes in immediately and does an ultrasound.

Doc: We need to prep for emergency C-section.

They start to get me ready to go back to the operating room and I'm still freaking out. I keep asking what's wrong with my baby but no one is saying anything.
____________________________________
Dad POV

We are all sitting out in the waiting room when the doctor comes out.

Doc: Family of Brianna King.

We all stand up.

She comes over to us.

Iman: What's going on? Is she OK? Is the baby OK?

Doc: She is being prepped for an emergency C-section.

Me: What's wrong?

Doc: The umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby's neck and she is losing oxygen. We have to go in right away or she won't make it.

Aria: Is someone able to go back with her?

Doc: We only allow the father of the child to be present during the C-section.

Iman: OK I'm going back.

The doctor nods and takes him back to get prepped to go in with them.
_____________________________________
Iman POV

I get prepped to go back in the room with Bri and then a nurse leads me back to the operating room.

Bri is on the table and I can tell that they had given her some type of sedative. She has tears running down her face but she isn't moving and isn't making a sound.

I grab onto her hand and tell her over and over again that it's going to be OK. That our baby girl is going to be OK.

I watch as they set up the rest of the things they need for this operation and then they start.

We've been back here for about 2 hours now. I'm nervous as hell and I can't watch as they operate on her.

All I can do is look towards the other side of the room.

Once they pull the baby out, they rush to cut the umbilical cord from around her neck. Then they suction out all of the fluids that were in there.

Doc: Get the oxygen mask.

They grab it and put it over the baby's face.  They hurry to get her breathing and heart rate to normal. And then, about 5 minutes later, she starts crying out.

I breathe out. She's so tiny and so beautiful.

This little girl has my heart already

_____________________________________
Brianna POV

They roll me out to my hospital room and then they bring my baby in after they clean her up.

I sit up in the bed and then they hand her to me.

My baby girl. She has my whole heart. This little girl is so special and she will forever have my heart.

I promise to her that I will always treat her right and nothing or no one will ever be placed above her.

The whole family comes in and they all want to hold her.

Armani: Can I hold her?

Me: Yeah but wash your hands first.

She goes to wash her hands and then the rest of the kids do too and they all take turns holding her. Her brothers are already protecting her. Everyone is. My baby has an army behind her and she always will.
_____________________________________
Chapter 13 coming soon. It will be a time skip.