Chapter 15

Brianna POV

Him: Yeah.

I damn near passed the fuck out.

Me: No it can't be. Is it really you?

Him: Yes. It's really me.

Me: But.....how?

Him: It's a really long story but I think we should go to the hospital first.

Me: Why?

Him: I want to do the DNA test. I remember you and everything that happened that night but I know that you more than likely have doubts because you've always been a skeptical person. And I know your family is going to have so many doubts too.

Me: OK. Let's go do it.

I turn to Arman.

Me: Lets go.

I turn back to look at Jaylen. I just have this feeling that it is him. I just know its him.

Me: Come on. You're riding with us.

He nods and we walk back to the car.

Arman puts on the GPS in the car to find us the nearest hospital to go to.

We make it there in about 15 minutes and go in.

Receptionist: How can I help you all today?

Me: We want to do a DNA test.

She nods and gives us some paperwork to fill out and then they call us back.

The doctor swabs our mouths and then draws some blood.

Once she's done, we go back out to the front and wait on them to come and get us for the results.

While we wait, I ask Jaylen what happened to him.

Me: Jaylen, how are you alive right now? I saw you laying there on the floor bleeding out.

Jaylen: Bri, I did die that night but the paramedics were able to revive me after a while and they transported me to the hospital. I've been in a coma for the last 25 years. I just woke up about 2 weeks ago and the doctors said that it was a miracle that I was able to remember everything that happened. And I remembered everyone. I immediately started looking for you, mom, grandma, and Amir when I was released from the hospital last week. I went and looked y'all up and I saw that mom and grandma both passed away but you were still living in Jackson. I read your bio and it said that you visited said in an interview that you visited your brothers grave every year the day before thanksgiving so I was just going to sit and wait until you came.

Me: Did you know about Amir?

Jaylen: I did. That's why I was always so close to him.

They called us back and we went and waited on the doctor to read the results.

Doctor: Are you all ready for the results.

Us: Yes.

She looks down at the paper and starts reading off the results.

Doctor: Brianna, Jaylen, you both are biological siblings.

I start crying and Jaylen hugs me.

My brother.

It's been so long.

We pull ourselves together and then we leave.

Me: Jaylen, where have you been staying since you got out of the hospital?

Jaylen: I been living in a shelter.

Me: You're coming back to Jackson with us.

Jaylen: Are you sure?