Chapter 3

Brianna POV

I just got up and I'm getting ready so that I can go visit Jaylen today. I don't know if its only me and my dad going or if everyone else going too. I mean everything we do, we do as a whole family. So I don't know.

I showered and then did my hygiene stuff before I got dressed.

I put my hair up in a curly bun and then went downstairs.

My dad was down there and so was Treyvon, Zachary, and my uncles Marshawn, Quincy, Marquis, and Jaylen.

Me-Morning y'all.

Them-Good morning Bre.

I sat down at the table.

Dad-Bry u want something to eat?

Me-No thanks. I'm not hungry.

Uncle Shawn-U didn't eat anything last night Bri.

Me-I just haven't been hungry.

They not buying it but its just that sometimes I don't eat. I be wanting to eat but I just can't. I know that sounds kinda crazy but I just can't eat anything.

We all sat there for a minute and then we left.

I just stared out the window the whole ride. I didn't talk to anyone or nothing. I'm kinda just like in my own lil zone.

We finally got to New Orleans. Instead of going straight to the cemetery, we went to my grandmas house. Its like 11:30 now. We gon go to the cemetery about 1:30 so that we can be on our way back home by like 3 or 4.

We just got to my grandmas house and she's sitting on the porch. I shoulda knew that she would be on the porch cause that's where she always be.

We walked up to the porch where she was.

We hugged and then we all went in the house.

Granny-Y'all hungry?

Everybody else was but I didn't want anything to eat.

Dad-Bri u need to eat something.

Me-I'm not hungry.

Trey-Bri u haven't ate nothing since breakfast yesterday and that was only a granola bar.

My grandma looked at me.

Granny-Brianna come on and eat something.

Me-I'm not hungry grandma.

Granny-No Bri. We're not going to do this again. You're going to sit down right now and eat something.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

My dad looked at me.

I know the look cause he always look at my brothers like that when they did sum. And I know what it means too.