Chapter 6

Brianna POV

2 Years Later

So y'all after everything happened a couple years ago, my dad got me a therapist. I went to see her twice a week for about three months and she really helped me. Being able to talk about all of what had happened to me to someone else was really good for me. I'm doing a lot better now. I don't have flashbacks of what happened to Jaylen anymore. Amir is living with us now. A few weeks after what had happened at the dance studio my dad found out that Amir was selling drugs and basically falling in with the wrong crowd. He had got arrested for possession with the intent to sell and possession of a weapon.

He called my dad and he went up to New Orleans and bailed him out. As soon as he got out, my dad beat his ass. He told him that he did to him what he would have did to any one of my brothers for getting in trouble especially for something like that. And he made him get everything and move down here with us. I think my dad scared him cause Amir have been on the right path every since then. He in college now and he working. My dad took him in as his own son.

I'm in eighth grade now and I'm 14. I still dance and I will be trying out for captain in a couple months when Tierra graduates.

Right now I'm sitting here on my bed and I decide to check my grades. So I log on and scroll through all of my grades.

English-F
Math-F
History-D
Reading-C
P.E.-F
Science-D
Spanish 1-F

My dad is going to kill me when he sees my grades. They mailed out grades three days ago so mine will be coming soon.

I'm so scared. He might whoop me when he sees these.

Maybe I should go check the mail and get my grades before he can and hide them. Wait but if I hide them and he find out imma be in even more trouble. So maybe I don't want to do that. I don't know what to do. I just know that y'all need to pray for me cause my life night end when my dad sees my grades.
___________________________________
Hakeem(Dad) POV

I went out to check the mail and I see that the kids grades just got here.

These only the Jr. high kids grades cause theirs always come out first.

I open up Yasir's first.

English-B
Math-B
P.E.-A
Science-B
Reading-C
History-B
Spanish 1-B

OK his look pretty good. I know that he can bring that C up in reading but other than that they all look good.

Next is Keshawn's.

English-A
Math-A
Science-A
Reading-A
Spanish 1-A
P.E.-A
History-A

OK. All A's.

Last is Bri's.

I open her grades and I'm shocked.

English-F
Math-F
History-D
Reading-C
P.E.-F
Science-D
Spanish 1-F

I couldn't believe her grades. She usually has A's and B's on every report card. But now she's failing 4 classes, got 2 D's and her best grade right now is a C.

I need to go talk to her.

I got up and as I was on my way up to her room my phone rung.

It was the school. I answered it.