Chapter 18

Brianna POV

Christmas Day

Today is Christmas. We all stayed at my parents house last night. The kids all got up and opened up their Christmas presents and they loved everything they got

After everyone finished opening their gifts, we all ate breakfast and then we got dressed for today. I found out where Darius, the man who saved me that day, lived and we went and got Christmas gifts for the whole family. We bought them a house and a car too. My dad is giving Darius a job and I am going to give his wife, Bethany, a job.

I got dressed in my Christmas outfit and then I got Mani dressed in hers.

Mani^

Me^

When we were done, I did Jalen's hair up into a bun and I left mine in its natural curly state.

We both go downstairs and everyone is ready to go.

We make sure that we have everything that we're taking them in the cars and then we all pile in the cars and head over to their house.

We just got here and I got out the car and walked up to their door.

I knocked and Darius got the door.

Me: Merry Christmas.

Darius: Aren't you the lady from the mall that day?

Me: I am. Could we come in?

Darius: Yeah. Sorry if it's a mess. We weren't expecting anyone to come over.

Me: Don't worry about it.

He opens the door wider and my dad and everyone comes in with the bags of toys and clothes.

We let Deja drive the car for them because tbh, she's the best driver put of everyone and we knew we could trust it with her.

Bethany: Darius, who's this?

Darius: This is Brianna, the woman that I was telling you about from the mall last week.