Chapter 17

Brianna POV

It's a week before Christmas and me and Arman just found our house a few days ago. It's an 8 bedroom, 4 bathroom house. We also have a game room, an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, a gym, and a dance studio. The house is fully furnished and we have ordered a Christmas tree for us to go put up tomorrow.

I'm now 5 months pregnant and we just found out that we're having all girls. We're already planning our baby shower for March. We still haven't come up with a particular theme yet but it's between Hello Kitty and Minnie Mouse.

Today, I'm going out to do some last minute shopping for Christmas.

I got up this morning and showered and everything before I got dressed to leave.

Arman is taking AJ and Mani out to do something today with Amir and Janiyah.

I made sure Mani was ready before I left and headed out to the mall.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I just left the last store I was going to in the mall. I head out to the parking lot to get in my car.

As I'm putting all of my stuff in the trunk, I see this guy walking past me. I think he's following me because he's been in every single store that I've been in. Everywhere I looked, he was right there. I hurry up and put my stuff in the trunk and then go around to the driver side of the car. He's just lurking around here and it's really freaking me out.

I open up the driver side door and as I'm about to get in, I feel someone grab me from the back.

They have their hand over my mouth and I'm flailing around and kicking.

Someone saw what was going on and ran over toward us yelling.

"Get off of her!"

Whoever it was grabbed the guy off of me and I fell to the ground.

A few other people heard the commotion and came out to help me.

"Are you okay?", a woman asks as she kneels down next to me.

Me: Yeah I think so.

The man who came over and snatched the guy off of me and a couple other men were holding that guy down while someone else called 911.

The police arrived soon and so did paramedics.

They checked me out in the back of the ambulance since I'm pregnant and then they let me go.

I made sure to get the contact information of all the people who came to help me and then I got in my car and drove home.

I'm still shaking a little bit and I'm scared but I know that that guy is going to jail.

I pull up to the house and get out of my car. I go in and go to the living room.

My dad looks at me and can automatically tell that something happened.

Dad: Are you OK Bri?

Me: Uh.. Someone..they grabbed me up in the parking lot at the mall.

Dad: What!?

My mom, sisters, and Cam and Jaylen came running out of the kitchen into the living room.

Cam: What happened?

Dad: Somebody grabbed her in the parking lot at the mall.

Jaylen: What? Bri are you OK?

Me: Yeah I'm good. A little scared but I'm okay.

Mom: Baby, what happened? What was he trying to do?

Me: I think he had been following me all day because I seen him in every store I went in in the mall. He was behind me when I was going out to my car so I hurried up and put my stuff in the trunk and when I was about to get in the car, he came up behind me and grabbed me, putting his hand over my mouth. I started kicking and flailing around and someone saw and they came over and grabbed him off of me.

The front door opened and Arman and Amir came in with the kids.

They all came in the living room.

Arman: What's going on?

Amaria: Somebody grabbed Bri in the mall parking lot.

Arman rushed over to me and started asking me all types of questions.

Me: Baby, I'm OK. A guy saw what was happening and he helped me. A few other people came over when they realized what was up with all the commotion and they called the police.

Mama: It's good that he's in jail now.

Me: Yeah. I have to go to the police station to file the report against him.

Dad: You don't need to go anywhere else by yourself Bri.

Me: I know dad. I'm just thanking god that that man who helped was there. Because if he didn't come over, I don't know what would have happened.

Arman: Did you get his name?

Me: I did. I actually talked to him for a while.

I think I'm going to give them my idea on what I want to do for this family. That man just saved my life and I really want to show my appreciation.

Me: He told me that he and his wife are going through some tough times right now.

Amir: What's going on?

Me: He got laid off from his job 2 months ago, his wife is finishing up her degree and she's looking for an internship while trying to support their whole family by working at Walmart. They have 5 kids. 3 girls and 2 boys. I want to help them.

Aniyah: What do you want to do?

Me: Well his wife is getting her degree in psychology and social work so I want to give her a paid internship at the clinic and women's shelter. He was previously working in construction so I wanted to ask you, dad, if you could get him a job with the company. I also wanted to get them a house and get Christmas gifts for their kids. Are y'all in?

Everybody: We're in.

I smile at them and then we start working on what we're going to do and then me, my mom, and my sisters go out looking for a house for them.

Christmas is next week and we want to do this for them on Christmas morning.
_____________________________________
Chapter 18 coming soon.

Pictures of Bri and Arman's house is coming too.