Chapter 4:One hot mess

They say she's spaced out, always high

Just like an angel up in the sky

-Fripps & Fripps (Maria)

✧✦✧

Thatch pov

The first thing I should've realised as soon as Kora and I got into the car together, was that she was very drunk. I mean, yeah I knew that she couldn't drive at the moment, but I forgot the legit reason why. Of course, I realised too late.

"Oh my god, I love this song!" She cheered, as In The Shadows (The Rasmus) came on. "OOOOooooOOOOooooooooOOOooooOOOOOOH!" She screamed. I could feel myself laughing, "Wow that was amazing!" I said sarcastically. "As if you could do any better!" She challenged. "I have my pride, thank you very much." "HA!" Kora laughed bitterly, "You males and your fragile pride and ego!" "My pride isn't fragile!" I argued. "Then sing motherfucker!"

'I'm so glad Ace or Marco aren't here to see this.'

Before I could even sing a single word, Kora let out a loud noise. I glanced, and saw that she vomited. "Fuck." I swore. I pulled over to the side of the highway. Kora tumbled out of the car, and vomited all over the pavement. I quickly lifted her purple hair, and tried to not vomit myself as she emptied her guts.

'Should've taken that wine bottle outta her hands before we left.'

She panted heavily, with some wheezes in between. For a moment, she appeared weak...almost vulnerable. Then again, she can't exactly do anything. She slowly looked up, before she laughed, wiping her mouth, "Fuck that was disgusting..." She chuckled harshly. "Are...you okay, Shogun?" I asked. She gave me a lopsided grin, "Dandy as fucking candy." I managed to laugh, "That's what you get for drinking all that wine out of anger!" She rolled her eyes at me, "You dare disrespect the Shogun?" "What are ya gonna do, eat my ass?" I asked.

"No, I'll make you suck my dick though."

'I don't know if she's being serious or not.'

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, just get in the damn car."

✧✦✧

"Heeeeey dear old dad!" Kora slurred. Akira let out a control breath, while the Old Man simply laughed, "Are you drunk, brat?" He asked. "She very much is." I replied as I helped her take her boots off. A maid with thick black hair tied in a tight bun, tan skin and golden eyes came to Kira's aid, "Lady Kora," She gushed, "let's get you a place to lie down." Kora just started laughing, "I love you Anahera!" "I love you too, Lady, but we I'll love you more if you rest."

Anahera looked up at me, "Thank you for bringing her home, I was worried about her." "It's not a problem. Do you want me to help, Miss?" I asked. Anahera shook her head, even though I could tell she was having trouble lifting Kora, since she kept moving around, "It's alright, thank you for the offer." "Anahera can my new best friend come with us?" Kora begged. The Old man laughed, "Are you two already friends?" "We're...working on it." I replied lamely. Akira nods solemnly, "It's advised that you two work on being friends first, before you marry. This way it'll make the marriage more...." He couldn't find an appropriate word.

"Well, either way, I think he should go with the brat." The Old man agreed. I looked to Anahera, who smiled, "Right this way, sir." "Please, just call me Thatch."

✧✦✧

We laid Kora down, and she stared up at us with spaced out eyes. Anahera let out a tired sigh, "If only she didn't have the knack of drinking when she's upset." "Is this a normal thing?" I asked. Anahera was silent for a moment, "I don't want you to see Lady Kora in a bad light, Thatch-san." I shook my head, "It's better to know the truth about someone, rather than believing in their lies."

"Anahera are you my Mother?" Kora hiccuped. Anahera shook her head, "I'm afraid not, My Lady." "Can you be my Mother?" She asked hopefully. Anahera smiled sadly, "If you would like me to." Kora did a genuine smile, "Thank you....you're the best, Mama Ana. Do you have my Babaganauche?" She asked cutely. Out of nowhere, Anahera pulled out a giant shark body pillow, "Babaganauche-kun is here for you." Kora's eyes lit up, and she happily cuddled the shark, "Baba-kun!"

'Moments ago, she was drinking, vomiting and threatening me if I wrecked her car. But now here she is, cuddling a shark called Babaganauche....she's kinda cute in a way.'

Anahera looked at me, "Thank you, Thatch-san. I'll try and get her to sleep." "I'm glad to help. I better leave, because it's getting late. It was nice meeting you, Anahera-san." Anahera smiled, "Same goes for you too, Thatch-san."