Chapter 27:Milkshakes

Oh Baby, oh man

You're making me crazy, really driving me mad

That's all right with me, there's really no fuss

As long as you're next to me, just the two of us

Mac Demarco (My Kind Of Woman)

✧✦✧

Third pov

While Valkiria was with Smoker in one of the classrooms, Kora and Thatch were sitting at a milkshake bar.

"Care to tell me what's got you in such a grump?" Thatch asked, sipping on his vanilla milkshake. Kora folded her arms out of annoyance, "Nothing." She said sharply. "You should get a first prize for being such a shit liar." Thatch mused. "Thatch, it's nothing that concerns you." Kora said tiredly. "You know, I'm not gonna stop pestering you....not until you tell me why you're so grumpy." Thatch stated.

'Thatch, you really don't wanna know-'

"Hey, you two!" Ace greeted. Marco had a smirk plastered on his face, "Wow, dating already, yoi?" "Bugger off, Chicken Run." Kora huffed. The two sat down in their booth, with Ace next to Kora and Marco next to Thatch. "What we talking about?" Ace asked. Before Thatch could answer Kora, stepped in. "My Father." "Oh, what's the high and mighty Akira doing these days, yoi?" Marco asked. Thatch looked hesitant to answer, making Kora sigh. "He's not well...." Immediately, the two boys sat up. "Oh jeez, what happened?" Ace asked, showing genuine concern.

"It's a bit of a story. When...Thatch and I fell asleep, we were woken up by my maid, saying that he was on the ground, seemingly knocked unconscious. So, Thatch and I took him to the hospital...but we've found that he has throat cancer and lung cancer..." she gave them a serious stare, "Do you know what sucks? It's the fact that he's had throat cancer for two months, and he never told me. It's only been recently that the doctors have found out about cancer in his lungs...and I had to find out after we found him knocked unconscious!" Kora hissed.

"Oh Kora...I'm so sorry to hear, things must be tough for you now...what with all the rumours and such-" "You don't believe them though, right?" Kora asked. "What the rumours, yoi?" Marco asked. "What else?" Kora huffed. "No way, I believe that you wouldn't do that sorta thing." Ace replied. "Nah, I mean, yeah I don't know you well, but I don't see you running around banging three guys in one night, yoi." Marco ordered, stealing some of Thatch's milkshake, earning an eye roll from Thatch. Kora gave them a gracious look, "You know...you're not so bad." Ace blushed, scratching the back of his head, "But it's the truth!"

"Can I get you guys anything?"

Marco nearly jumped out of his seat when he saw the waitress. Kora immediately recognised her as Kira; the girl that Marco was making out with at the party. Kora quite frankly would think that the uniform for the milkshake shop was slutty, but Kira had made it look rather....neat. It was a simple yellow waitress dress that stopped at her knees and a white apron. "Kira, I didn't know you worked here!" Ace grinned. Kira smiled, "Yeah, I've been here for only a month though. The pay's good, I just need enough for med school..." She looked past Ace and saw Marco sitting there, flabbergasted.

"H-Hey Marco..." He seemed at a loss for words, something that highly interested Kora. "How ya doing, yoi?" He asked. Kira blushed, "Ah, I'm doing well. What about you?" She asked. Marco relaxed, "Oh, you know...just alright, yoi."