Chapter 14:Teen party

She's got a book for every situation

Gets into parties without invitation

How could you ever turn her down?

-Harry Styles (Carolina)

✧✦✧

Kora pov

Upon arrival at Shanks's, cars were cued down the streets leading towards his place.

'Seems to me that Shanks is already popular among everyone. Then again, he always has been a far more likeable person than I ever was. Now that I think back, I think I may have been the reason why some girls were afraid of having crushes on him....whoops.'

As soon as I got out of Camomile Rey, I could already hear music pumping out of his house. I let out a sigh, when I realised that there are going to be so many people in there. The people in there are most likely gonna be people that I've either: got into a fight with, made out with, threatened or better yet, nearly hooked up with them but decided not to because they killed the vibe somehow. No matter, they can't touch me anyways.

I shoved my hands into my jacket, and welcomed myself inside Shanks's place. Pretty much as soon as I opened the door, the trashy music flooded into my senses. I sniffed the air.

'Someone has bought weed and vodka. I'm not a big weed person myself, but vodka is pretty great.'

"Korrrrrrra!" I look, and saw Shanks grinning from ear to ear as he clutched a bottle of Steinlager in his tan hand. He swung an arm around my shoulder, nearly making me blush. "You got shit faced without me? How dare you." I joked. "Well you took too long! Besides, we all know that you're always shit faced before a party even starts." I roll his eyes at his true statement, "Whatever, just gimme something, won't ya?" I chuckled. "Ya, ya, come on then, ya muppet!"

'Um, Shanks is the muppet! Not me! God....he's so fucking adorable.'

The dork dragged me to where the drinks were, nearly pushing Eustass Kidd. Upon seeing me, Kidd gave me a once over. "Why am I not surprised, of course you're here." He smirked. I equalled his smirk, "Hey Euckytass, fancy seeing you here." I winked. "You two know each other?" Shanks asked. "Who doesn't know the Shogun?" He asked. "I'm flattered." I chuckled. "Say, you busy?" He asked.

'He's always been terrible at hiding the fact that he has a thing for me.'

"Well, I'm with Shanks." I replied, giving him a mix between glance and a signal for him to step in. Shanks immediately caught on, grabbing my hand, "Yeah we're just about to head out and restock the drinks, ya know?" Shanks grinned. "What the fuck-we've run out already?!" Kidd growled. "Its probably because Rorornoa drank it all again." I hummed. Kidd clicked his tongue with annoyance, "Course he did...whatever, just get some more!" And with that, we both left.

"Do we really need to restock?" I asked as we walked away. "Hell no." He replied as we walked inside the kitchen. He opened the fridge, and I could feel my mouth curl into another smirk. Inside the small, cold fridge, were colourful glass bottles filled with Steinys or vodka. My mouth watered, and I held back the urge to lick my lips. "God speed to the ones who vomit." I murmur as I grab a Steiny. Shanks already handed me a beer bottle opener. I popped it open.

"Here's to being nakama." Shanks grinned, raising his bottle to me. "To being nakama!" I cheer, chinking our glasses together.

'Here's to us sticking together, and only letting it be us two, and never anyone else.'