Chapter 17:Eating feelings, a wok and a hard place

I ponder of something great

My lungs will fill and then deflate

They fill with fire, exhale desire

I know it's dire my time today

-Twenty Øne Pilots (Car Radio)

✧✦✧

Thatch pov

For a moment, I really thought that Kora was gonna punch me in the face. She just seemed so angry and upset, I had even mentally prepared myself for the impact.

But instead, I found myself in a Chinese restaurant in the heart of Grand Line city.

"Uh...why are we here?" I asked as we got out of her car. She didn't answer, as she marched straight inside, not even bothering to wait for me. I sighed deeply, raking my hand through my hair. My guess was that I was supposed to follow her inside. The restaurant was the only thing that lit the street up, due to the bright yellow sign and the blaring white lighting from the inside of the restaurant. The sign had red lettering that read "Wok and a Hard Place", along with a red dragon wearing a chefs hat, tossing vegetables in a wok.

'I guess I should probably follow her inside if I don't want her to mutilate me.'

Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I went inside the restaurant, a bell chime going off. The restaurant smelt heavily of stir fry and dumplings. A lot of the furniture was wooden, and the booths were stocked with different sauces to help enhance flavour. I immediately spot Kora sitting in a booth, waiting for me. I sit down in front of her.

'Do I say something?'

"Kora?" I called. Finally, she looked at me. It was then that I realised that she was on the verge of crying. She looked angry...angry and upset. "You okay?" I asked. "Buy me food and I'll tell you what's wrong." She said grimly. I sweatdrop, and sigh, "Kora-" "Please?" She begged, "I have no money on me, and I'm starving." I sighed, "Alright..."

Later, a waiter came to take our orders. I let Kora order first.

"Hi, I'll take the Steamed Pork Buns, the Egg Foo Yong, the friend rice, Dim Sum, Chicken Chow Mein, oh and a large bowl of potato fries please." I could almost feel a hole burn in my pocket. I gave Kora a look, before the waiter turned to me, "Ah, I'll just have some sesame ginger chicken, can we have some water as well?" "Most definetly, is that all for tonight?" The waiter asked.

'Please say yes.'

"Ah...we'll have some dessert later as well."

'NO! KORA! I AIN'T MADE OF MONEY!'

Soon the waiter left to go deliver the orders to the chefs in the kitchen. "God I better have enough money for this..." I murmur. Kora sighed, "I love this place..." she said, "This is one of the places that I always run to. The food here is great, and people hardly come here since it's smack bang in the middle." She smiles to herself. "Kora..." I call, "are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

She pressed her lips into a thin line, before she sighed, "I've fucked up." She ran a hand through her purple and black hair, "I'm living up to my 'asshole' title." She adds. "Is this about the whole kiss thing? I mean, at the time I was bothered but-" "I think....maybe if I hadn't agreed to that damn kiss, I wouldn't have told Shanks to mind his business." She had her head in her hands, "It probably didn't help that I went off with Ichiji." I shook my head, "Nah, it wouldn't have." I agree. Kora rolled her eyes, "Gee thanks." I shrug, "Hey you want the truth, that's the truth."

But I was silenced when the food was dished to us on large platters. "Please enjoy your meal." The waiter smiled before walking away.

'How the hell am I gonna be able to afford all of this?!'

I watched as Kora took large portions of each of the food, and began to ate all of it in one go. All I could do was just watch as she gobbled the majority of the food up. I silently, distanced my sesame chicken away from her food, so that she wouldn't eat it on accident. I bit into the chicken, and a symphony of flavour danced on my tongue.

'Oh my fuck this is amazing.'

Soon, I had wolfed down my share, and I had to sneakily steal some of Kora's food, cause I was still hungry. I knew if she saw me stealing it, she'd cut my dick and tongue off for sure.

"Sorry...I tend to eat my feelings." She finally said after a moment of silence. "Yeah...I uh...noticed." I replied. She wiped her face that was covered in sauces and crumbs, "Fuck I could do with some more-" "No. I'm paying for this, and I can't afford all of it!" I growled. She shrugs, "Not my problem." "You're the one that ordered all the food....and you brought me here as well!" I argued. She sighed loudly, "I know! I'll handle it all later, okay?" 

She cleared her throat, before slouching in her seat, and stretching an arm onto the back of the seat. "What should I do, Thatch? I really upset Shanks...I know it." She sighed. "Look, you're just gonna have to apologise to him." I said, "It's the only way." She groaned, "I know that as well! It's just..." she grabbed out a cigarette, "I just wish I could take that all back." She murmured. I gave her a more slight sympathetic look, "Shogun, it's gonna be fine. I think once you apologise to him, everything is gonna go back to normal." I encouraged.

Kora gave me a faint smile, "You think so?" She asked. "I know so. Now eat up your food, I'm tired as fuck."