Chapter 38: The truth untold

You know that I can't show you me, give you me

I can't show you a ruined part of myself.

Once again I put on a mask and go to see you

But I still want you

-방탄소년단/BTS (The Truth Untold)

✧✦✧

Kora pov

"Finally you're awake."

I look over, and shot up when I saw Seline sitting on my window sill next to me, a cigarette between her lips. "What the fuck?!" I exclaim. She winces, "Jeez, kid not so loud, huh?" I got out of bed and pointed accusingly at her, "Why are you in my room?!" "The room that I was in didn't have a nice view. Your room, however, has a beautiful view of the city." Seline said plainly. "Yeah, finders keepers, now get out!" I hiss.

Seline hopped off of my window sill, the black, and white floral kimono. She silently walked past me, before she stopped. "Fine. I guess you don't want to know the truth." Seline sighed. I rolled my eyes, and turned to her, "What?" I asked. Seline smirked, "Now I've got your attention." I pushed my jaw out of annoyance.

'Fucking hell why does she get to me!'

I folded my arms, "Alright spit it out then!" I growled. Seline sat down on my bed, and patted the spot next to her, "Sit down cause it's a fucking shit of a story." Seline said simply. I state between the spot she petted, and then at her. "Thanks to you I have to clean my bed." "Oh just sit down." She said tiredly.

Reluctantly, I sat next to her.

"Akira and I met a Millenia ago. I was seventeen, him being 23...We met at this nightclub. I was there because I had just graduated high school, so my friends and I went out. But my friends left me at the club because of some dumb fight we had. I got into a sad sap, and started drinking a whole lot, and telling my life story of stress and scholarships to some guy...Akira. Then halfway through I vomited all over him. I think after that I blacked out.."

"Anyway, the real story. About why I left." 

"We were in the middle of a gang war with Blackbeard and Big Mom. As I'm sure you know, they're both powerful gangs so of course, they decided to join forces and become allies. At this time, we were beginning to lose badly. Sometimes we'd barely come out the other side. What made matters worse, was that I was pregnant...with twins. Akira didn't know, but I kept it from him because I didn't want something else to stress him out. So...I ran away and gave birth to my two beautiful twins. A boy and a girl: Veron and Kora."

"But, Blackbeard found out. He stole...he stole Veron from me. No matter how many times I tried to persuade him, he wouldn't give him back. It then made me realise if I can't protect Veron, then I certainly couldn't protect you. So, I left you with Akira. In exchange, Akira gave me money to go out and find Veron. I've come into contact with him twice. Or well, more like I got a glimpse of him, but then never saw him again after that." 

"Then why....why are you here now?" I asked weakly. "Because...Akira is dying. He's getting weaker. Yes, I may have come off as the bad guy, but it's just...I don't know how else to react after seeing you for so long...I haven't seen you since you were a toddler. I was afraid of how you were going to cope as the Shogun... so I came here, bringing your Aunty and Uncle. Aunt Adele is a part of the Marines, but she's promised that she'll turn a blind eye to us. Anyway..." She sighed, "This probably isn't enough, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a shit Mum. I'm sorry for not visiting you. I'm...sorry." 

Third pov

"You're saying...that all this time...you left me here because you thought you weren't competent...and that I have a twin brother?" Kora asked. Seline nods. Kora let out a tired sigh, her head in her hands as she was desperately trying to make sense of the situation. "I know it's a lot to take in...but it's the truth, you can even ask Akira about it."

"Were you afraid that people were going to call you a coward because of...what Blackbeard did?" Kora asked. Seline remained silent, but then she nods. "It's why I made up the lie that I left you here and stole money." "Really it was the latter that made people call you a coward. Really, if they'd have known the truth, maybe then people won't hate you so much. Look, I get it. You were afraid, you probably didn't know how to take care of a baby at that point...and you probably even thought that because Blackbeard took my twin brother from you, you thought it was your fault."

"Are you really forgiving me after all this?" Seline asked. "Seems like it. But...I wish you'd have come back earlier. If you came back earlier, then all of this would've been solved. But for now...I just wanna celebrate the fact that you're home now. As Shogun...your banishment has been lifted." Kora declared. Seline's eyes went wide, "Y-You're serious?" Kora smirks, "Just don't try to overthrow me." Seline chuckled, "That'll be a challenge."