Chapter 31:Finding an outfit

If I was a rich girl

See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl

No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end

Cause I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl

-Gwen Stefani (Rich Girl)

✧✦✧

Thatch pov

'So this whole time, Valkiria and Shanks have been dating?' I had thought when English class started. Kora had sat beside me. She was slumped in her seat over her desk so that no one could see her face. I knew that she was hiding the fact that she was kinda crying.

'Maybe the whole shopping trip with Itami and Kira might cheer her up a little bit.'

"Kora, sit up." Our teacher pushed. Kora shifted, but didn't sit up. The teacher sighed tiredly, "I don't wanna, I'm tired." Kora groaned. "I had to mark 100 math tests last night, and I still came to school. Come on now, sit up." The teacher pressed. Finally, Kora sat up. Her cyan eyes had a tinge of red, and looked glassy from crying. "Now what?" Kora demanded. The teacher narrowed their eyes at her, "I do not appreciate this attitude, Ms Mardelna." "Yeah well, I don't like a lot of things about you, so we're in the same boat." Kora glared. "Go to the princ-"

"She's sorry!" I blurted out. They both looked at me. "Kora is sorry, today's just not a great day at the moment. She doesn't mean to take it out on you." I babbled.

'What are you doing?!'

The teacher cleared their throat, "If that's the case, then I'll let it slide...I apologise for not understanding, but please, Kora...don't take it out on everyone around you, it's not healthy." Kora gave the teacher a weird look, before she sighed, "It's okay...I'm sorry."

The teacher left us, and Kora turned to me. "Why did you do that?" She asked. "I feel like the situation would've been worse if I hadn't done anything. Besides, after this afternoon, I know that you'd be pissed....because I am too." She looked at me confused, "Why are you doing this for me?" She asked, "I kept a secret from you..." she said lowly. "That doesn't matter anymore," I said as I repressed my feelings, "I'm more so worried about you..." I said finally. Kora wiped her eyes, "I should be fine.."

'Stop lying, I know you're not fine. I can tell.'

"I don't wanna have to put my shit mood onto Kira and Itami...I need to be cheered up." She sighed. "Wanna bail?" I asked. Kora smirked, "Thought you'd never ask."

✧✦✧

Kora pov

I didn't want to admit to Thatch that I was upset, but I guess he figured out how I was feeling on the fly. Probably because I made it very obvious that I was pissed about something.

I hated where all of this was leading to.

I hate how I've lost my best friend to some rich bitch.

I hate that I can't do anything about it.

I rummaged through my bag as Thatch and I sat on the roof. He raised his eyebrows when I pulled out my secret vodka flask. "Please don't tell me that that's what I think it is." He sighed. "I can't go anywhere without my flask of vodka." I said in an obvious tone. He sighed, but still accepted a swig when I offered him some. "Why didn't you tell me about Valkiria?" Thatch asked.