Chapter 34:Unexpected source

I know there's been stigma 'round me

I know you've heard things about me

You sleep with one eye closed

Too scared to get heartbroke

-The Weeknd (All I know)

✧✦✧

Kora pov

"Welcome home, My Lady Kora." Anahera greets, "Your Father has been wanting to see you." She adds. "Oh, how come?" I asked. "He said that he wanted to speak about a rather private matter. He didn't specify, so I presume it must be important." Anahera spoke. I nod slowly, "Right, well I guess I should probably talk to him then." "Would you like me to take your belongings?" Anahera asked. "Yes please."

I handed my school bag and my black cardigan to Anahera, and took off my shoes. I then slipped on my house slippers, and padded my way through the manor. The manor felt cold, which holds the first signs that winter was coming, despite all the warm weather delaying the bitter cold months. 

I found myself outside Father's door. I reached and opened the door, the door creaking. "So you've finally visited me." Father spoke, his voice sounding hoarse. I winced, "Whenever I tried to visit, they said that you're undergoing therapy or resting or some shit." I replied. I then took it all in, what with Father attached to all these crazy beeping machines. Then I really looked at Father. His skin had turned pale, and his face looked more sunken in than the last time I saw him. 

Death was pretty much breathing down his neck.

"Do these machines intimidate you?" He smirked. I shook my head, "I'm surprised as to how many there are." I lied as I go over to sit next to him. "This is only the quarter of what I have to go through." He muses. I gently bite the inside of my cheek, "So, is this it?" I asked, "They sent you home because...?" He looked at me, "Understand that I came home because I hated being there." 

'He hated being there?'

"I didn't know if you were taking care of the mansion or not." He adds. Ah, there it is. "I have to for your sake." I answer. He lies back down, "Anahera tells me that you and Thatch aren't seeing eye-to-eye lately." I raise my eyebrows, "Has she?" "Yes, I'm intrigued as to why you two are feuding." He answers. I let out a long sigh, "It's a long story." "Oh please, everything is a long story." He rolled his eyes. I put on a small smile, before staring at the floor, "You'd think it was stupid" "Kora, just tell me."

"Well...Shanks and I...we're not exactly friends at the moment. Me and him have been friends for a long time, as you know. But...this girl...her names Valkiria-" "As in Moonlight D Valkiria?" "Er...yes." Father frowns, "...carry on." "Anyway, she comes along, and thinks that she can simply start dating Shanks. How I found out, is that I found them sleeping together at that last party I was at. The worst part is the fact that Shanks and I argued before I found them. We were arguing because he was upset at me for fooling around with another guy. So I was going to go back and apologise, but then I found them."

"During most of this, Thatch was with me. It's why he was staying the night that one time. Thatch has been helping me out a lot...but the thing was, was that Thatch knew Valkiria prior coming here, and he said that he likes her. But the thing is, is that he still likes her after all the shit she's done. I got mad, and screamed at him...But the thing is, Father...is that I..." I could feel tears form, "I love Thatch. I actually...I love him a lot, but I also love Shanks...and it's just so hard. I want to have them both. But now that they're both upset at me I...I just can't go back to either of them for support."

Father was silent. "Hmmm..." "See? It is ridiculous-" "It is, in the sense because I know Valkiria as...someone else." I frown, "What?" Father weakly took a sip of water. "As you know, in the past, the Moonlights selfishly tried to pick a fight with our ancestors in the past; a fight that we won, and that Moonlight Dimitri is still bitter about. The Moonlights are a strong, intelligent breed. But from that breed, there is always one...just one, that strays from their light of perfection." "Father, what are you saying?"

"Valkiria is the odd one out; the rebellious Moonlight of her generation. It is why she'll never be heiress to the Moonlight family. It was because of the things that she has done in the past." My ears perked up. "She is well known in the Underworld to be a very talented undercover officer. A multitude of times she's been illustrated as the Angel of the Moonlights...but in reality, she's the succubus. She feeds off of the sexual desires of people in exchange for information." Father tapped his chin, "It sounds like to me she's targeting you, Kora, possibly because of our ancestors. I wouldn't be surprised if she was also seducing other guys apart from Shanks..."

All this information revealed to me made me stop and think. If Valkiria was really doing this, I'm not going to fucking hesitate in killing her. I've done it before, and I can certainly do it again. I may not be able to talk to Shanks at the moment, and he will be upset about me killing her, but...I'd rather see blood rain, than see both Shanks and even Thatch heartbroken.

"Ace did mention that he heard a rumour that she was the new whore of the school." Father smiles knowingly, "Well, if someone as educated as Portgas D Ace has heard of these rumours, then they are obviously going to be true. May I also add some information." "Please do." "You said that you had the Vinsmoke boys....only Ichiji, Niji and Yonji at your school?" Father asked. "Ugh those guys." I replied. "I suggest try asking them." "Father...why do you know this and why are you telling me this?"

"First of all, I know this because I am the Shogunate of the Underworld, I must know everything that's going on...and as the reason why I'm helping you...I don't want you to end up like me-" Suddenly, the door knocked. "Enter." I called. Walking in was Anahera, "I'm sorry to disturb, but we have a visitor." "Who is it?" I asked. "It's a woman. With black hair and blue eyes, she had a black tattoo of three roses on her arm..." Suddenly Father shifted, "What? Did she state her business?" Father demanded.

"Ah yes, she said she wanted to see you, my Lady Kora." Anahera said. "Her name...." Father pants. "Father...?-" "What was her name, Anahera?!" Father demanded. Anahera looked stiff, "I think she said...Chevallier Seline?"