Chapter 25:Pray for the Wicked

The boys, the girls, they all like Carmen

She gives them butterflies, bats her cartoon eyes

She laughs like god, her mind's like a diamond

Audio-tune lies, she's still shining

Lana Del Rey (Carmen)

✧✦✧

Kora pov

Soon after that, Thatch had gone home, leaving me to mentally groan at myself for the last night. He offered to stay so that he could help me run things and all that whatnot...but, of course, my stubborn ass told him to go home.

More than ever, I was dreading school. Mainly because of the fact that I knew that without a doubt, there'll be rumours about the party -about me- swirling around. If there's anything that this damned high school loves, is gossip, prejudice and bad habits. Some people say, 'why do they exist?', well, it's plain and simple; teenagers have nothing else better to do, other than bringing people down because 'it's harmless'.

Oh, if only they knew how many times the number of people nearly committed suicide...

I didn't eat breakfast this morning, due to the fact that I just couldn't with food right now. My dread had eaten my hunger, pretty much. For once, I wore a school regulation black cardigan with my uniform, because really, it was a nice warm day outside. As per usual, Anahera had prepared me some lunch so that I wouldn't starve myself like how I used to when I was in primary school.

As I had driven towards school, memories of the weekend had flooded in my mind.

Spin the bottle...

Being stupidly pressured into kissing Valkiria...

Running away from both Thatch and Shanks with Ichiji, and almost getting him laid, only for Shanks to barge in...

Me yelling at Shanks to fuck off...

Me running away with Thatch to Wok...

Me going back to Shanks for being a shit, only to find him and Valkiria having a good ol' time fucking under the bed sheets...

'And of course, as per usual, all of this is my fault somehow. If only I just hadn't gone to that stupid party....no, if only I didn't decide to kiss Valkiria, none of this would've happened.'

I glumly got out of Camomile Rey and grabbed my school bag. For a moment, I really thought that people were already giving me dirty looks as soon as I made my presence known. I let out a tired sigh, and locked her up, before walking inside the jail.

'And so it begins...' I thought, as swirls of hushed whispers and murmurs flooded through.

I could see the stares, I could see them whispering, I could see them laughing. As much as I wanted to beat these people with their own arms, I could not be fucked in doing so. They're all lucky that I'm still tired, otherwise, they'd all be dead under my feet. Would I care? Not a sausage. Would Father force me to move schools? Probably, if it means getting away from here, then I'm all for it.