Chapter 21:Sudden anxiety

Lady where has your love gone,

I was looking but can't find it anywhere

They always offer when there's loads of love around

But when you're short of some, it's nowhere to be found

-Arctic Monkeys (No buses)

✧✦✧

Third pov

Uncomfortable couldn't cover how Thatch was feeling. Even as he tries to stay completely calm in the bath, he couldn't help but panic. 

'Do I snore? Will I accidentally push her off the bed? Will she kick my ass? What if I grab her the wrong way.......'

A wild blush appeared on Thatch's cheeks, causing particularly lewd thoughts to seep into his mind. He grumbled under his breath as he left the bath, and dried himself. 

'Come on man, she'll kick your ass.'

Thatch left the bathroom, wearing some old pyjamas that were dug up by a maid, which consisted of a plain grey shirt and black silk shorts. Because he had a bath, his usual pompadour was now just a heap of long hair, that barely sits on his shoulders. For some odd reason, Thatch found himself adjusting his hair every so often, something that he usually doesn't care about unless its in his other hair style.

Kora was laid across on her bed, wearing a plain white singlet, and black shorts. Thatch took a double take when he realised that not only could he see her wearing a lavender bra (dear lord help him), but she was wearing a monocle, and reading a book. Kora looked up at him, "You hungry?" She asked. "Uhhhhh....no, not with how we went to that restaurant earlier." Thatch said. "Well..." Kora showed him a Mr Wedge pizza from Dominos, "You better prepare yourself, because I'm still hungry." "Why are you hungry?!" He asked, baffled. "Because food before dudes."

'She's a black hole...almost. She's not a Portgas Black hole, or a Monkey Black hole...'

Thatch lumbered over to the bed, and laid down, grabbing himself a slice. "You actually look quite cute with your hair like that." Kora said suddenly, scrolling through her netflix. Thatch gave her a confused look, "Really?" "Mmmhmm. It's like a dog." She observed, grabbing three slices, and eating them in one go. 

'This woman is so confusing...and yet she thinks I'm crazy.'

✧✦✧

After eating all the pizza, and a failed attempt at watching a movie on Netflix, the two went straight to bed. Thatch awkwardly laid on his back, Kora doing the same. Thatch was surprised as to how much room there was on Kora's bed, and the bed felt like cloud. It took him a moment to fall asleep, but when he did, he felt like he couldn't be woken up.

Except...

Kora pov

'How is this idiot so comfortable with sleeping?'

In reality, I couldn't fall asleep. Tonights events just kept replaying in my head. I just...I couldn't stop thinking about both Shanks and Thatch.

'What would've happened if Thatch wasn't there to take me back here. Would Shanks and I have made up? Would we have gotten into an even bigger fight? Would Valkiria have done something? Would he have apologised?'

I sighed, and looked over, the time was 2am. I shifted, and found myself facing Thatch. A blush formed on my face. His shaggy hair feathered his features, and looked really soft. I couldn't stop myself from gingerly moving the hair off him.

'He's fast asleep...he looks soft, like a little lamb. I wonder if he's cuddly..he looks cuddly. I like my men cuddly and red haired. I wonder....'

My arms acted without a conscious thought. One moment Thatch was sleeping soundly, the next he was woken up by me, nuzzling myself into him. "Kora..." he groaned, "what are you doing?" I couldn't stop thinking about Shanks, how I wanted him to apologise, how I wanted him to just tell me that he loves me, how I wanted to be in Valkiria's place at that time. All of these thoughts circulated within me, and just made me want to feel genuine love from someone else.

"Kora, are you crying?" I gripped on his shirt, and sniffed, "Thatch..." I whimpered, "I'm lonely...I'm so mad at him! But I just..." I finally looked at him, "I just want affection. I don't get any anymore. Father has never been a warm person....I just feel so alone a lot."

'Oh my god stop, stop, stop you're scaring him.'

"Kora,"

'God, I've done it now.'

"do you still love him?" He asked. I sniffed, "I....don't even know anymore." I flinched when Thatch cupped my cheek, "It's gonna be okay. I know that this is all fucked up, but I'm gonna help you through it, okay? It's gonna be fine..." He soothed. 

Before I could even stop myself, I had already done it.

"Kor-"

I kissed him.