Chapter 5:Shanks

Stop there and lemme correct it

I wanna live a life from a new perspective

You come along because I love your face

And I'll admire your expensive taste

-Panic!at the Disco (New Perspective)

✧✦✧

Kora pov

I could feel someone shaking me, and calling my name.

"Lady Kora, it's time for you to wake up." I groaned in protest, "Five more years....." I grumbled, turning over. "My Lady, you need to get up so that you can pick Shanks up for school."

'Shanks.....? School.....?'

My heart lurched, and I sat straight up, "Oh my god, Shanks!" I gasped. "I've already prepared some lunch and breakfast for you." Anahera said, as I jumped out of bed. "I'm gonna be late for grabbing Shanks!" I yelled to myself. Anahera sweat drops, "I'll...leave you to it." "Thanks you for making my food!" I called as Anahera left.

'Fuck fuck fuck, how could I forget about Shanks?! Why did I have to drink all that wine last night?!'

I threw open my closet, and hurriedly searched for my school uniform, and my jacket. Sadly, the school uniform was kinda my fave thing to wear, probably since I don't have to think about what I wanna wear each day. It consisted of a white blouse, a pleated black, blue and green skirt, and a blue and white tie. I put on some thigh high socks, and my maroon doc martens.

"ANAHERA!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY SPACE CLUB JACKET ITS?!" I yelled. Anahera appeared back inside my room, holding it, "I was just getting it out of the dryer." She said as she handed it to me. It's my favourite jacket. it's this bomber jacket that Shanks got for me once, because I didn't have any money on me to buy it, so he bought it. It's navy blue, with the words "SPACE CLUB" embroided in gold, with planets and stars surrounding the words. Apart from my denim jacket, this one will always be my all time favourite.

"It's a wonder as to how the teachers don't take that jacket off you, My Lady." Anahera muses. I gave her a grin, "No one disrespects the Shogun!" Anahera chuckles, "Whatever you wish, Lady Shogun. Now you best be off, before you're late." I swung my school bag onto my back, "THANK YOU MAMA ANA!" I yelled as I ran to the kitchen, my boots dangling in my hands.

I grabbed my breakfast, and then shoved my bento into my bag, before running towards the front door.

"Kora," I looked over and saw Dear Old Dad standing there in one of his kimono, "make sure to talk to Thatch today." "Yeah yeah I will, but I gotta go, seriously!" I ambled as I shoved my shoes onto my feet. "Don't slack off today!" I heard him yell.

'That's gonna be a hard feat.'

I hopped into my Camaro, and drove off towards Shanks's new house.

*timeskip*

I could practically feel myself grinning as I skipped to the front door. After so many times I've gone up to the New World to visit him, he's finally come to me, and he's staying forever. Without a moments hesitation, I rung the door bell. Shanks lived in a nice area, where there was zero to no criminal activity.

'So long as Shanks is safe, that's all that matters.'

I felt my heart lurch when I saw the door open. His midnight black eyes lit up once he saw me, "There's my Shogun." I already brought him in for a hug. "Hey, Shaw Shank." I greeted with a chuckle.

'Oh god, he's definitely had a glow up since the last time I saw him. Not gonna lie; he looks really handsome.'

He gave me a million dollar grin, "Hey, you're wearing the jacket I bought you!" I winked, "Its my favourite." Shanks raised his eyebrows, "It's even surpassed the denim jacket that you've been wearing all these years?" He asked as we walked over to my car, "It's even surpassed the infamous denim jacket." I grin. He laughed, before he got into the front seat.

'It's so good having him back. I already feel refreshed.'

✧✦✧

We rolled up to school, "Aren't we late?" Shanks asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "Nah, we're on time, it's just people decide to come literally five minutes after the bell rings." I said as I parked my car in the student car park. Shanks raised his eyebrows once more at me, "You? On time?" He asked. "What?" I laughed as I put out my cigarette. "You're never on time for things." I chuckled, "Honey, thats the old Kora. Shogun is never late." He rolled his eyes, "You're an idiot." He said affectionately. "Awww sweetie~!" I cooed as we got outta the car.

We grabbed our stuff, and I began to lead Shanks over to the admin office, so that he could get his new timetable and whatnot. Of course, as we were walking, there were some girls cooing over him.

'Haha too bad I can kick their ass.'

"Man, girls are weird." He murmured to me once another wave of girls passed. "They could just feel sorry for you." I said sarcastically. "Or they think that you're cute?" He asked. I could feel a blush coming on, "Are you sure the girls are the weird ones? You sound like a weird one..." I shot back. He laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "I'm irresistible."

'Fuck yeah you are. You better stop before I punch you though, you're embarrassing!'

Just as we began to walk up the path towards the admin office, Shanks and I notice a Black Limo stop on the road. Everyone who was passing by stopped to gawk at the limo.

'What the hell, this isn't a private academy! Go back to rich people land, even though I live there!'

A guy came out of the limo, and opened the door. I watched as a girl stepped out. Whoever this person was, is new to the school. Already I could hear the boners rise, as she stood straight. I had to admit, she was kinda hot. She had long, glimmering silver hair, and dreamy violet eyes. Her school uniform looked absolutely seductive on her, as it clung on her curves.

I looked over to Shanks, and held back a frown as Shanks stared at her. However, it wasn't a stare that I've ever seen before. It was the kind of stare that you did where you see your first true love.

'Shanks has never stared at me like that, ever.'

The girl was given her back, and people immediately rushed over to her. She gave them all a kind smile, as she talked to them. The limo soon eventually left, leaving the new girl stranded.

"Who is she?" Shanks asked. I shrugged, hiding my jealousy, "You'll find out eventually. You're both new, so you might end up seeing a lot of her. Now come on, we need to get your shit sorted." I urged, dragging him a little by his wrist. "What's up with you?" Shanks asked. "Nothing, I'm fine." I replied, "I just wanna get this sorted before the bell rings." Shanks looked like he was about to say something but immediately retracted what he said, "Alright."

'Don't worry, it's just a fleeting moment. It might go away.'