Chapter 32:Gods & Monsters

In the land of Gods and Monsters, I was an Angel

Living in the Garden of Evil

Screwed up, scared, doing anything that I needed

-Lana Del Rey (Gods & Monsters)

✧✦✧

Arabella pov

I walked inside the manor, butlers and maids flurrying over me. They took my school bag off of my person, and already removed my blazer. As I walked across the black and white marble floor, I noticed my Father and Valkiria standing at the stop of the stairs looking down at me.

"Where did you go?" Father asked. "I was with Itami, she dragged me along to go shopping." I replied. "I saw that you were talking to that Mardelna girl." Father adds. "Can't I have friends anymore?" I challenged. "You know that Father isn't a fan of the Mardelna's." Valkiria adds.

'I wish they'd stop feuding, I don't care about the feud going on, I just wanna be Kora's friend.'

"Why else is you think we sent you to attack Akira as a warning?" Father reminded. "That was against my own will. I don't see why I have to attack someone that's done no harm to me at all." I argued. "You've become blinded by your own selfishness, Arabella. Our ancestors were enemies with the Mardelna-" "My ancestors don't dictate my life, they're dead." I hissed as I pointed at my Father, "You're being selfish because you're hurt over the fact that the Mardelna are stronger than you, and you're using Valkiria and I as puppets to stalk them, when they too have done nothing!" I yelled.

I realised too late by what I had said. Valkiria kept shaking her head, but I didn't wanna stop. I hated living here, I want to be my own assassin. Father's morals aren't right.

Father's eyes narrowed at me, "It seems to me that you too are becoming less worthy of being the heiress of our assassin business." "I WANT TO BE MY OWN ASSASSIN!" I screamed as I walked up the stairs towards them.

A stinging pain struck my cheek, making me fall to the ground. "Father!" Valkiria scolded. "You're not fit enough to even be considered as a professional lone assassin...you still haven't caught up with Valkiria in sword fighting. The only reason why you're excelling is because of you're damn ballet." I cupped my stinging cheek, doing everything I could to blink back my tears. Valkiria was kneeling down, and fussing over me, but I slapped her hand away and stood up on my own.

"This is your last warning: do not disappoint."

✧✦✧

Kora pov

"You've arrived home safely." Anahera greeted. I gave her a wry smile, "Of course I have." "While you were away, we were given word that Master Akira is to return home tonight." Anahera said. I looked at her after I took my shoes off, "Is there a reason?" I asked. "They feel that he should be treated at home, rather than at the hospital. Patients state that they felt threatened with the security guards outside his room constantly. I've already sorted for a Doctor to come and check on Master Akira each day." Anahera informed.

'Wouldn't it be better if he was at the hospital though? That way all the professionals can heal him up quicker.'

"Right...any other news?" I asked. "You have a visitor as well, it's Thatch-san." Anahera said. "Where is he?" I asked. "I told him to wait in the rec room. He's only been here for about 15 minutes." Anahera adds. I sigh, "Alright, thank you. Do you think you could take these bags to my room for me please?" I asked. Anahera had already taken my shopping bags off me, "Most certainly."