Chapter 9:Guests

Baby we built this house on memories

Take my picture now, shake it till you see it

And when your fantasies become your legacy

Promise me a place in your house of memories

✧✦✧

Kora pov

I put Camomile Rey into park. "Thanks for dropping me off." Shanks grinned. "Nah, it's all good. No need to thank me." I said. It was no dark, and I had to take Shanks home because apparently Whitebeard is coming over for dinner.

'I presume Thatch is going to be there as well. At least I'll be fine.'

Shanks looked at me, "I'm having a party this weekend." He brought up. "Well consider me there." I smirk. "I was gonna drag you along anyway." He adds, "A party doesn't really start until you're there with me." "Well colour me flattered, Mr Le Roux!" I cackled. Shanks ruffled my hair, "Just don't scare anyone." "But that's like fucking Mr Corazon not catching on fire once a day, that's gonna be hard!" I huffed. He shrugged but smiled either way, "You'll figure something out."

Just as he was about to leave, he brought me into a hug. My heart felt like it's beating at a million beats per minute. His embrace is warm, familiar and welcoming...just like him. "You have no idea how much I've missed you, Kora." I snaked my arms around him, "I missed you so much, you're not gonna believe me." I murmured. I could feel him moving to pull away. I wanted to stop him, but I knew better.

"Well, I guess I should let you go." Shanks said, backing away. "Yeah, duty calls..." I groaned. He laughed, "Nah, I'm sure you and Thatch will be fine, you both seem to get on." I felt my breath hitch in my throat, "Yeah, we're still working on it." I replied. "Well, see ya tomorrow, Shogun!" He chuckled. "Laters, Shaw Shank."

He shut the door, and he waved out, as I started the car up. I bit my lip gently, my knuckles turning white from how hard I was gripping the wheel. The reminder of me being arranged to marry Thatch rather than Shanks came into mind. I grab out yet another cigarette, and lit it up. I blew out the smoke, an annoyed groan escaping my lips, "Because of course, duty calls..."

✧✦✧

I later arrive back at the mansion, and head on to my room, my bag in tow. It wasn't long until Anahera found me in the kitchen stealing a sandwich, she let me take it though.

"Lady Kora, we better get you ready for the dinner tonight. I hear Whitebeard is also bringing along some other party members." She said.

'Party members?'

Either way, I did as she said.

✧✦✧

Father had bought me a new kimono, so that I could wear it for tonight. It was black like my original one I wore for meeting Whitebeard, except the chrysanthemum were in a tree by an ocean filled with koi. Like every other occasion that involved a kimono, I had to have my hair pinned up. Either way it made Anahera very happy that she gets to see me dressed up.

"Absolutely gorgeous." She smiled as I stood. I stared at myself in the mirror. Painted on my face was cute pink blush and cherry coloured lipstick. I was forced to have that stupid powder on my face that makes me look sickly pale. Either way, I apparently looked 'presentable' in Father's terms. Anahera thought I looked cute. I felt like a Powerpuff girl finding out about weeaboo culture.

"Lady Kora, I'm sure this night will go by like the colours of the wind." Anahera smiled. I gave her a weak smile, "It better, because I feel like I might go crazy." Anahera gave me a nod of understanding, "I'm sure that Thatch will be there to keep you company."

'What are we supposed to do while Father and Whitebeard talk, though?'

I let out a steady sigh, "We best be on our way then."

✧✦✧

Later, Whitebeard showed up with Thatch.....and Ace, Marco, and a cross dresser. Unlike the boys, the cross dresser wore a pink and purple womans kimono that had white sakura decorated on them. Thatch wore a white kimono, Marco wore a purple one and Ace wore a black one. 

Marco, that asshole, was smirking at me like the smug motherfucker he is. Ace was giving me one of his dorky smiles that always gets the girls. The cross dresser was looking at me up and down, but smiled politely nonetheless. Thatch was the first one to talk out of the group, "Sorry, they forgot how to speak obviously." The cross dresser whacked his arm, "I was going to say something, you fool." He cleared their throat, "It's nice to meet you Kora. Thatch has told me a lot about you." He smiled, "My name is Izo." I smiled at him, "I feel honoured that Thatch is talking about me." I joked. 

"I don't even know if I like you, yoi." Marco huffed. "Awwww baby you liked me?" I faked a gasp, "Shocking! Should be on the front cover of Vogue!" "Are you done?" He asked. "....yeah I'm done." I grinned, before looking at Ace, "Don't worry, you're safe.....for now." Ace shivered, "I do not feel safe at all." I clapped my hands together, "Anyways! Let's get going."

✧✦✧

Thatch pov

While I did have at least some knowledge on the fact that the Mardelna Mansion was huge, I didn't realise how huge it was going to be. I think by now I've counted about ten bedrooms with en suites and cloakrooms, six bathrooms, a billiards room, a large mansion garage, dining hall, kitchen, basement, and a traditional Japanese garden.

I'd sometimes catch Izo with a glow in his eyes. I remember always hearing his dream of living in the old days, with samurai and all that, and how he'd just absolutely love it. And now, seeing him look around in awe, was nice. 

"Welp, here's the sparring room." Kora said as she pushed the doors open. "I'm guessing you come here a lot?" I asked. "When I'm not off causing trouble, yes." She replied. "It's beautiful in here." Izo smiled. Kora grinned, "Right?" "So, you know how to fight, yoi?" Marco asked. "Obviously, deaf ears." Ace stated. Kora snorted, "Seems like Ace has some bite after all." "Of course I do!" He barked. "Ace, don't cause a fight, those kimono are expensive!" Izo cautioned. Kora placed a hand on her hip, "I can probably knock you out." She taunted. "Kora, no." I urged.

We were interrupted when we heard Anahera clear her voice. "It's of your best interest that you do not fight. Lady Kora has been taught the ways of Kendo, Savate and Akido, and is highly skilled. I advise that you stop provoking her." Kora chuckled, "You may never know, Anahera. These guys might even be able to knock me out. Never under or overestimate your partner, I dunno what they're capable of, after all." Kora looked at her, "I assume the dinner is ready?" She asked. Anahera nods, "Right this way."

'I think if I sparred with Kora in Kendo, we might draw, maybe?'