Chapter Four ✔️

"I'm marrying Connor...Sarah's boyfriend."

C H A P T E R   F O U R

AUDREY 

I look away, uncomfortable. Should I check on Kylie? A couple of minutes passed, and she finally sat down next to me with no expression on her face.

"Will you tell me now?" I asked. I knew that I was being persistent, but I needed to know.

"No," she said quickly, making sure she didn't make eye contact.

"Does it involve me?" I asked. The question caught her off guard, and she tried her best not to show it, but it was too late.

"No- I just, can you please stop asking me? It's not my place to tell you. I want to tell you, I do! but I can't. Don't be upset with me," Kylie said as she ran her hand through her hair in distress. She's a mess. I thought.

"I will be upset. I understand you can't tell me for whatever reason, but if it's something serious I would rather hear it from you. At least I can prepare myself for whatever's coming that has you scared, to the point where you can't even talk to me or even look at me," I softly said.

"I know but-" I stopped her before she could finish.

"I understand. I just need some water to cool off, okay? I-I just need to be alone right now." Sighing, I got up and made my way towards the kitchen. As I was passing them, I heard something that made me stop in my tracks.

"I want you to decline," Connor said calmly. He's slumped down on the couch comfortably. The deadly glare he gave me reassured me that he wasn't happy.

"I'm not sure what offer you're talking about?" I genuinely asked.

"Don't act all innocent. If you say yes, just watch-" taken aback by his tone I took a step back. His eyebrows furrowed at my sudden movement.

"I honestly don't know and-" he tries to interrupt me again. Turning around, ignoring him, I take a step forward and make my way toward the kitchen. I should get water, I thought. Usually, I would be calm and in control, but not today. My breathing is a bit heavier than usual. My hands clenched together, now frustrated; my body fired up ready to attack.

"Where do you think you are going?" Stay calm, don't turn around, and no matter what don't-be-scared. Ignoring him, I continued. Before I could get inside, I felt him grab my arm, pulling me back.

I turn around and our eyes locked. He drops my arm and takes a step forward as I step backward, only to hit the wall that was right behind me. He grabbed my neck from the back and pulled me closer to him, ensuring our bodies were making direct contact. My breathing uneasy as he made sure that I was looking right at him, which was intimidating. He wanted me to be afraid of him, and I am.

My body trembled in fear under his hold as I tried to move, but his hand kept my neck in place. He didn't hurt me, which terrified me because I wasn't sure what he would do next. My eyes were drowning in sorrow, making it hard to see. I felt uneasy. The feeling in my chest made me uncomfortable as my heat surrounded my eyes.

"Just drop the act. You know what I'm talking about; this was probably your plan all along, but know this, I won't let you succeed," Connor sneered.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He let out a menacing laugh, causing my arm hair to rise, giving me goosebumps all over.

"What am I talking about? Okay, let's play that game." He shrugged cockingly. He dropped his hand that held my neck, finally allowing me to breathe.

"Just know, you will see me the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. I will hover over you, make your life a living hell. I will watch you suffer, quiver in fear, wishing that you had said no that day," he grabs me by the back of the neck once again and smirked.