Chapter Eighteen ✔️

"We broke up, at the night of your party." 

C H A P T E R   E I G H T E E N 

AUDREY

"Audrey, did you want to stay with Chloe or Connor for the night." My eyes widened at the thought of sharing a room with Connor. Why would that even be an option?

"She'll stay with-," I stopped my mother before she could answer for me. Knowing her she would tell me to go with Connor.

"C-Chloe, I'll stay with Chloe," Lauren seemed kind of disappointed by my answer.

"Okay then, Chloe, sweetheart, why don't you show Audrey your room?" I nod and Chloe guides me towards her room even though I've already been there.

"Where am I sleeping?" I asked.

"The couch? Floor? I don't care as long as we aren't sharing the bed." She sat on the bed and watched every move I made.

"Okay," I sat on the same chair that I sat on earlier.

"Why do you always listen? Why do you always agree? Don't you ever say your own opinion?" she asked a little frustrated.

Shrugging, "Your room, your rules. I don't want to come to a disagreement; creates less problems." I said as I tried to get comfortable on my chair.

"It isn't a good thing, you know." She got up and opened her cupboard to give me a spare pillow and blanket.

"I know."

"You can sleep on my bed if you would like," she said as she handed me the blanket and pillow.

"Alright," I said.

"If you need me, don't call me. I'm putting on my headphones."

They both will be the death of me. I noticed a door and it was connected to what looks like a balcony? I walked towards the door and opened it. A rush of wind made towards my way, refreshing me.

I shut the door and walked out the balcony connected to Connor's room.

I could hear the waves from the beach that is not too far from their house. I look down from the balcony and wondered how Sarah got up here because the balcony is on the third floor. I sit down on my chair and close my eyes, no need to think. I wish I could stay like this.

"Very calming isn't it." Not turning around I hum in response. I could hear Connor's footsteps creeping closer to me. He sat down on the chair that was next to me and looked up at the sky.

"I'm not here to bond with you so don't misunderstand." Connor explained.

"Ok."

"If I gave you the intention that we are friends, we aren't," he continued.

"Ok."

"Don't think that I like you-" I cut Connor off and looked at him.

"What do you want, Connor?" I asked now annoyed. I already knew that we meant nothing to each other, but why does he have to establish it every five seconds?

"You're too nice." He gruffly said and looked away.

"Connor, what are you talking about?" I asked him.

"You're making this harder for me than it already is." He brushed his hand through his hair. If I asked him he won't respond and I will be right back to square one. Within seconds it started raining. Great.

"Shit, it's raining." He got up and ran towards his room and opened it. He was about to go inside but told me to come in with him because I will get sick from the rain. I told him that I wanted to dance so we did. Then, we kissed as if the world ended.