Chapter Fourteen ✔️

"You fucking bitch," she spat and got out.

C H A P T E R    F O U R T E E N 

AUDREY

It was dead silent no one dared to say a word. Some looked uncomfortable, upset, and frustrated. It was a thirty-minute ride and I didn't know if I was going to survive it. Kylie poked me, testing my patience, and every time I would turn around she'd act as if nothing happened. Isn't she a ray of sunshine?

"Kylie, do you need something?" I asked annoyed. I felt everyone's eyes on me. I internally scolded myself but Kylie smiled realizing that they all had their eyes on us. I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment but luckily it was kind of dark so they could barely see me.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about," she said innocently, but the smirk on her face had said otherwise. She was testing my patience.

"Really you-"

"Oh my gosh, can you just shut it? You are so annoying. Just shut it. And look what we have here. Are you all dressed up for Connor? Oh, sweetheart, it's so obvious that you are trying to hard. Just give up, no one will notice a twig-like you" Vanessa said and it made Sarah and Stacy laugh.

"I don't see why you even bother trying," Stacy snickered and crossed her tanned legs.

"Well you want to know something you nincompoop-" I stopped Kylie motioning her that it wasn't worth it. She seemed angry when I stopped her, but she listened. I let out a shaky sigh and gave a fake smile. I didn't want to cause a scene before the dinner because if I do, my parents will kill me. They already hate me and I can't let them down because of what she said. Just suck it up, Audrey.

"So your saying that by getting dressed up she'll look ugly? Then what about you guys? What would that make you?" Aaron asked.

"Don't talk about her like that, she didn't even do anything to you." What surprised me the most was that it was Connor who said it this time. My heartbeat raced as I watched him, what was happening to me? This feeling was unknown, whenever Connor was around I would get a jittery feeling. I felt different around him. I wasn't afraid. I shake my head; I can't think about this. I looked at Sarah to see her angry, oh no, this is bad. Although what she did was wrong, she wasn't in the right state of mind, right?

"Why are you defending her?" she asked. Her face hardened as she glared into Connor's eyes. His eyebrows furrowed as he stared at Sarah.

"Yeah, why would you?" Ryder asked.

"I'm just saying, she doesn't deserve it. I think we misunderstood her. She doesn't seem like the type of person who would use someone for their own benefit," Connor said. He grabbed Sarah's hand and held it with his own but she yanked it back.

"So you stole him away from me now what else do you want from me?" I could feel the hatred radiating off of her.

"Sarah, she didn't steal me. I would do the same thing if it was another girl because no girl deserves this Sarah. She didn't do anything wrong," he said as he ran his hand through his hair frustratedly. Aaron must have said something because it sounds like him.

Sarah ignored what he said and continued, "Why do you have to take everything that makes me happy away from me."

"Sarah, I am not taking him away from you," I said softly. It's funny how the one person that you thought knew you, didn't know anything about you. Her hatred for me continued to grow and grow and it was getting harder for me to stop her.

"Stop lying, he is defending you already. Connor, what about the things I've told you. She knew about the marriage and she didn't stop it from happening, so why are you defending her?" she asked him.