Chapter Thirteen ✔️

"Why aren't you wearing the necklace?"

C H A P T E R    T H I R T E E N 

AUDREY

We sat across from each other in my room. This is my shot. He needs to agree.

"Grandpa, I can't marry him," I said firmly. He sighed as he stared out at the window beside us.

"Audriana, you don't have a choice."

"Why don't I have a choice? I really can not because I am in a position where I can't and that is because-" I stop as I tried to think of an excuse. What could possibly prevent him from stopping this marriage?

"I have a boyfriend," he raised his eyebrows.

"Who is it?" He questioned now amused. I smiled trying to act as if I just remembered my non-existent boyfriend.

"Aaron Hayes." I simply said. This is bad, really really bad. I hope he does not ask me if he wants to meet him.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" he asked.

"I was scared, but now I'm not." I smiled and he hummed.

"I'd like to meet him." Oh god. I should have told Aaron before I told Grandpa, but maybe if I ask him, he will help me. If this works, then I won't have to marry Connor, and then Sarah won't be upset with me. Everything can go back to how it was before.

"Really? Thank you so much grandpa you will love him!" I said excitedly.

"We will see. I better get going. They probably are wondering where I am," Grandpa said and I quickly gave him a hug before he left. Once he left, I couldn't help but squeal I should tell Sarah. Just when I was about to leave Sarah stood in front of me. When did she get here? That does not matter I need to tell her.

"Sar-" before I could finish she slapped me. I felt the warmth on my right cheek radiate off my face. The sound of the loud slap echoed through the room. The imprint on my cheek was a reminder that she wasn't going to believe me no matter how much I would try. My eyes felt hot, and a trail of tears burned my skin making me feel worse than before.

Isn't she taking this too far.

"Why can't you just stay out of my life. Connor told me what you did today. I can't believe you would would go that low. You are so pathetic, go find someone else other than your best friend's boyfriend." She said as she took a step forward. She brushed the strands from my face and smiled at the imprint from earlier and whispered, "Got it?"

I looked away and closed my eyes tightly but she grabbed my face with her hand making me look at her. I bit my tongue as I felt my cheeks burn under her touch. My stomach swirled in pain and I wanted to push her away but I couldn't.

"Aww, is someone about to cry?" she spat.

"Why are you doing this to me? Don't you think you are taking this too far, Sarah! Why don't you believe me? I don't even want this guy! You have known me longer than him, Sarah. Why don't you trust me? I was going to tell you earlier, but I wanted to convince my grandfather before so that you wouldn't have to worry. Also, that's a low blow Sarah af-" before I could finish she slapped me again.

"What the hell- '' She slapped me a third time and I took a couple of steps back as my cheek stung. It hurt so bad and I didn't want to cry but my inner self wouldn't let me.

"Pathetic." For a split second her eyes showed guilt but it quickly went away. The anger that she was holding in came back.

"What's going on here?" Connor asked. I stared at Sarah through my blurry eyes as my cheek screamed in pain.