Chapter Twenty ✔️

"You whore." 

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y

AUDREY

My hands were tightly gripped, as sobs filled the air, holding on to me desperately. My head pounded, now feeling more irritated. What's going on? It was Sarah. She shook back and forth saying the same thing over and over again, worrying me.

"She's ok. She's ok. She's ok. She's ok. She's ok. She's ok. She's ok..." I watch her as she held my hand against the side of her cheek and cried. I moved a little, shifting my position. She noticed my awakening. Her touch, so gentle, traced the area where I was injured. I whimpered as I felt the

She reaized that I was awake and She caressed the side of my face looking at my head for the injury. I whimpered as her fingers feathered the spot, she gave an apology, regret evident on her face. She whispered, "I'm sorry."

"It's all my fault, Connor. She got hurt because of me. This is all my fault." Connor bent down to her level trying to calm her but she continued to cry.

"Sarah, look at me." She continued to say things under her breath. What's going on with Sarah? He walked out of the room, leaving her.

"Hey." I reached out for her hand, but she pushed it away.

"Okay, they are gone." Connor said as he came back inside. Sarah chuckled, while wiping her tears away. It was a cover up. Someone must have came upstairs.

"You didn't believe that did you! Oh, God your so gullible," her expression looked too real for it to be fake, but this was my last straw. I felt the pain against my forehand and it was bandaged.

"Go sit in a corner quietly and don't make a sound." I looked at Connor to see if he'd say something but he didn't. What was I expecting from him. I tried to get up, whimpered in pain, my sides were hurting from earlier and my head was pounding. Connor reached out his hand for me but Sarah stopped him by pulling me away.

I got up with all my might and made my way towards the other side of the room and sat down on the chair. My eyes now blurry; I couldn't see anything. I placed my head against the wall for support.

I glimpsed over at Sarah and Connor only to find them cuddling while watching a movie together.

Did he even like me? Even if he did. I can't anymore I am getting nothing but pain.

Aaron.

Smiling, I picked up the call.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm currently at Connor's-" I stopped once I heard banging sounds from his end, "Everything okay?"

"I'm currently sneaking out of the bathroom window since they are currently trying to kill me," I heard heavy breathing on the other side.

"And I have to use the bathroom, but I'm scared that the'll attack me while I'm using the bathroom!" I snickered.

"You probably deserve it don't you?" I asked.

I heard a thud, did he fall? I couldn't help but laugh.

"You know I kind of accidentally dumped power with eggs on them. Then spilled milk. Then spilled water. I mean I didn't do it on purpose or anything, they weren't doing anything so I helped them." I rolled my eyes. He most certainly deserves it because last time he threw a bucket of water on me, and then flooded my bathroom.

"I see," I touched my nails.

"That's all you have to say? I thought you were my best friend. Come on please help me!" he said in a high-pitched tone, he sounded like a little girl.

I laughed loudly, my sides now hurting.

Thud. I didn't bother looking.

"Look, Aaron, it's okay if they kill you. What would you like at your funeral?" I joked.

"You're so rude. Watch, I will come back and haunt each and everyone you just wait!" he exclaimed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"I think they found me," he whispered.

"Are you sure-" I heard a scream and he was right.

"Ahhhh." I heard him yell, at the same time I heard from outside. I got up and looked at the window to find Aaron in front of Connor's house. Jake and Ryder both sitting on top of him. Oh my god, I should help him. Someone took my phone away and I turned arond to find Connor standing in front of me. I raised my eyebrows at him and looked around for Sarah and she was nowhere to be found.

"I've been calling you for the past five minutes."

"So?"

"If you weren't on the phone you would've known. She's in Chloe's room right now. My mom came back to check on us. She had to go through the balcony and into Chloe's room" he explained.

"Sarah and I dealt with it alone while you were on the phone." He sounded upset but he solved the problem. Why is he making a big deal out of this.

"You solved it! Good job. It is not my problem."

"It is your problem!" He exclaimed, angrily.

I scoffed, "As if the vase and you digging your nails into my skin wasn't enough. Now give me my phone, Connor."

"Your pathetic," he spat.

"Give-"

"You whore." My eyes widened In shock.

"I'm the whore?" I asked.

"You broke up with Sarah, slept with me, then hooked up with me, then cuddled with her in front of me. And you are calling me the whore. You know what I'm done with this and I am done with you. So giv-" someone knocked on the door.

The door slowly creaked open, "Am I interrupting something?

Aaron.

He brought his phone down from his ear and he didn't look happy at all. I looked at my phone and noticed that the call was still running.

He heard everything.