Chapter Ten ✔️

"Her drink got spiked." 

C H A P T E R    T E N 

AUDREY

The bright shone against the flowers, they are breathtaking, they gave life to the garden. A place that once used to be filled with hundreds of students was now empty. This used to be commonplace for students to come to, but because of an incident, people had forgotten about this place. There was a fire that the school tried to fix but failed to do so. After the incident, I decided that I would slowly fix the garden and I did. Ever since then this would be my hideout and I'd eat my lunch here.

The bell rang, groaning I made my way to class. I couldn't help but think about the incident in gym class. After he asked the question, I zoomed out of there as fast as I could. I made it to my next class and I instantly regretted it because everyone that I wanted to avoid was sitting down right in front of me. I sat at the far end of the room by the window seat. I felt someone sit beside me, but ignored knowing that it was none other than Connor.

"Okay class, settle down, we are going to have a group seating chart, and that will be your group for the rest of the year," the teacher said and some students groaned.

"Connor, Sarah, Chloe, and Kylie up here." The teacher pointed at the table which was on the other side of the room.

"Thank god." Connor got up and made his way while Kylie looked at me and mouthed "kill me."

Finally, I wont be sitting with them.

"Jake, Ryder, Aaron, and Audrey." The nervousness died down, making me drown with fear. Why does it have to be them? I glance at Connor to find him already staring at me. I looked away and got up slowly hoping it would take years to get there. I couldn't feel my legs, but I forced myself to walk toward my seat and the only seat that was open was next to Jake's.

"Well, well, well what do we have here?" Jake asked.

"A whore?" Ryder asked making Jake laugh.

"Do you enjoy using others for your benefit? I mean you almost fooled all of us earlier. You must like stealing other people's boyfriends right? I mean if your that desperate to be with someone you could have come to me and I would have gladly opened my arms for you." Jake said and Ryder gave him a high-five but Aaron's smile disappeared.

They didn't even know me. How could they make that assumption?

"Hey man, now you are taking it too far," Aaron responds.

Is he standing up for me? Ryder looked at Aaron weirdly but then chuckled in realization.

"I see what your doing. You are a smart guy I never thought that you could play dirty," Ryder said and pats Aaron's back but Aaron pushes his hands away.

"So my place or yours?" Jake asked as he put his hand on top of mine. My face was heating up by the second and tears threatened to come out. I yanked my hand away from him and turn away a bit as I bite my tongue.

"Dude, knock it off." Aaron said harshly, catching all of us by surprise. Finally getting the courage I ask them.

"Why are you being rude to me? I didn't do anything to you," I asked Jake and Ryder. Ryder's mischievous eyes darkened like the sky at nightfall.

"Rude? This is nothing. The fact that you are forcing Connor into marrying you should be a good enough reason." Really? That's the reason why they are being rude to me?

"This is ridiculous. I don't want to marry him and I am not the one forcing him. No one believes me. If he really wanted to he would try to break it off himself but he isn't," I told them.