Chapter Seven ✔️

"Happy Birthday Audrey," I whispered to myself.

C H A P T E R    S E V E N

AUDREY

I stood outside Sarah's door for a good minute figuring out how I am going to tell her about the marriage. My hands were shaking as my hand hovered over the doorbell. Sighing, I took a deep breath and decided to ring the doorbell but someone opened it before I could.

"Come in, Audrey," Cynthia, Sarah's mother said. I smiled at her and made my way inside the house. I look around to see the familiar house where all my best childhood memories lie. We'd make forts in her living room around the age of ten, play outside, dress up, and do everything that little girls love to do. I felt scared that all these memories would be foreign when she finds out about the marriage.

"I wasn't aware you were coming. I thought that- never mind she is upstairs." I nodded and made my way upstairs. Was she expecting someone else? I barged into her room to find her plugging her phone to charger, but that didn't stop me from attacking her. I hugged her tightly because she had been gone the entire summer.

"You're gonna crush me," she tried to take me off of her and I noticed that her breathing was kind of off. Her eyes were bloodshot red, instead of bright and blue. Her nose was puffed up, and her hair was all over the place. Which I found really weird because she always says that her hair has to be perfect at all times.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded and motioned me to sit down next to her. I nodded unsurely because she never tells me to sit down only when she wants to talk about something serious.

"How was the trip?" I asked excitedly. She went on vacation for three months which was practically the whole entire summer.

"It was good, how was yours?"

"It was all right." My entire summer was good but today was the worst day of my entire life. The fun things that I did over the summer disappeared with a snap of a finger.

"Really? So you are saying that nothing happened while I was gone?" she asked. The way she looked at me seemed like she was desperately holding onto something but I wasn't sure what it was.

"Hey, you okay? You just zoned out there for a second, is there something wrong?" she asked and grabbed both of my hands and held them. She looked down at my hands and looked back at me.

"You know you can trust me right?" Her eyes were staring right against my own and I nodded. I was worried because she has never been this vulnerable. Something must have happened during the trip. I don't think it's the right time to tell her. I wanted to tell her but I didn't want to worry her. How could I tell her that I was getting married to her boyfriend? While something was going on with her right now? I had to find a way to stop this marriage so that she won't have to worry about it.

"I know, I trust you more than anyone, Sarah." It's true. She and Kylie were really close to me and they both mean a lot to me.

"So...is there anything you want to tell me?" she asked. She sat up straight as if she was expecting me to tell her. What happened on the trip? Why is she behaving this way?

"No, nothing is happening at the moment." I lied. I promise you, Sarah, I will fix this mess. The lie burned my throat. Her eyes narrowed at my sight and she nodded her head and laughed.

"Pathetic." she dropped both of my hands and stood up. What just happened. Why is she acting this way?

"You are a liar," she spat at me. I flinched back at her outburst.

"What are you talking about?" She clenched her fists tightly and looked at me with hatred. Is she going to punch me? She looks like she is. She took a step forward and I could feel the heat radiating off of her and onto me. Why is she angry? What did I do?