Chapter Sixteen ✔️

"What night are you talking about?"

C H A P T E R    S I X T E E N

AUDREY

It's October, the leaves drifted off the trees. Autumn is my favorite season. The sound of leaves, crunching against the floor as people would walk by. The laughter of kids after making piles of leaves and jumping into them. I sighed and looked away from the window. It's been two weeks since I last talked to Connor and Kylie. Ever since my birthday. I remember leaving with Aaron to the hotel but I wasn't sure what happened after. I never dared to ask Aaron about what happened without making it sound to weird. I wonder what happened.

I also found it odd that both Ryder and Jake apologized to me after my birthday dinner.

Sarah and Kylie have been living together lately. Kyle's behavior towards me had changed since that day. I would ask her to explain and she hasn't she isn't the same Kylie that I once knew.

Aaron on the other hand has been there for me for the entire time. It still surprises me that he wants to willingly spend time with me because no one ever does. He said that he was willing to help me and is meeting my grandfather today. I felt really nervous about this. I am currently sitting with my grandpa waiting for Aaron. The tension in the room is high, making me uncomfortable. My hand shook, trying to calm myself.

I am currently sitting with my grandpa waiting for Aaron. The tension in the room was out of the roof, making me uncomfortable. I held my shaking hands, trying to calm myself. The bell rang and I got up before my grandfather could and opened the door.

There stood Aaron Hayes, smiling, with no worries.

"Where are the flowers, Aaron?" I whispered. His eyes widened in surprise as he held the rose stems.

"What happened to the flowers?" I asked him and he scratched the back of his head giving me a guilty smile.

"I kind of ate them on the way here; I never thought I'd eat chocolate roses. I'm sorry, you just live too far from the store." I held onto the door tightly, confused.

"Aaron, the store is down the street which is less than five minutes away from me. I-" Aaron took a step back and motioned me to turn around. There stood grandpa with a mug in his hand.

"Aren't you going to invite your boyfriend in, Audriana?" He motioned Aaron to come inside, with his mug, Aaron gave me the stem and came inside.

"You must be..." Grandpa asked even though I already told him ten times before he came.

"Aaron Hayes, sir." Aaron placed his hand out in front of him but grandpa just stared at him.

"Come with me." Grandpa walked towards his office. Aaron waved his hand at me and mouthed 'everything will be fine.' He gave me a thumbs up and walked away.

Nothing bad will happen right.

*~*

Forty-five minutes have passed, why is it taking too long? I hope everything is okay.

"Hey, I think we need to break up," Aaron quickly said.

Before I could ask him anything he zoomed out of the room and left. I barged into grandpa's office and asked, "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." He took a sip from his cup and made his way toward the couch motioning me to sit down on the couch in front of him.

"What did you ask him?" I asked anxiously.

"I didn't say anything to him." He smiled placed his cup down.

"Why can't you listen to me, Grandpa?" I asked him. I rubbed my hand against my leg frustrated. What am I going to do now? I stopped rubbing my leg and dug my hand harshly.