Chapter Seventeen ✔️

"Of course, anything for tea."

C H A P T E R   S E V E N T E E N

AUDREY

It was Connor from that night. Oh my god. That's why he said that earlier. I sat down on the rocking chair trying to remember what happened.

"Just end the marriage if you feel like it is suffocating you," Chloe said.

I sighed. Things just got worse. I don't remember everything but if that's the night we spent together, why is he still with Sarah?

"It's complicated."

"Try me," The look on her face screamed out that she genuinely wanted to know. I crossed my legs on my chair.

"I didn't know about the marriage until you all came over that day. Been convincing my grandpa and didn't work out. I even told him I had a boyfriend which also didn't work." I said frustratingly. I have tried my best now it's his turn.

"I can't stop this marriage, but Connor can. Why can't he just tell them that he's with Sarah?" I asked.

"He can't. At first he said no, but Grandpa used something against him and now he can't refuse. Like, he can't say no. If he does, it will harm everyone in our family and it's all up to Connor. That's what Connor said at least, he didn't tell anyone what grandpa told him and he refuses to tell us," Chloe said sadly.

"I can't either; I already talked it out with him. I really hate this I wish I could go back to the way it was before."

"Why would you go back to that life?" she asked. I wasn't sure if I should feel offended or not, but it's true. I don't want to go back, but it's only for the best that I do.

"It was peaceful," I told her honestly.

"You never felt lonely?" she asked.

"No, I used to have Kylie and Sarah before this mess. The only one who has been there for me is Aaron." I wanted to go back to how it was before. I do miss Sarah and I want her to be happy, but we can't be as close as we used to with what she has done to me.

"You really care about them don't you?" she asked.

"Of course, even after everything. I don't want them to get hurt." She nodded, understanding.

"Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?" I asked.

"I'm just trying to understand the situation and I wanted to make my own judgment. I should have done that from the start."

"What do yo-"

"Just because I asked you a question doesn't mean I like you," she snapped quickly.

"Oh," Of course. I'm a pushover. I felt someone staring, turning around I found Chloe staring at me.

"Why do you let people's words g-"

The door opened abruptly. Connor. He was looking around the room as if he was trying to find something or, in this case, someone. He walked towards me, grabbed my arm, and dragged me out of the room and into his.

"What-"

He pulled me into his arms, wrapping around my waist with his large firm hands, cradling me in his warm embrace. His touch sent a wave of goosebumps racing along my skin. Sweet torment mounted as his lips found the sensitive part of my neck, leaving a trail of teasing kisses, taking my breath away. It felt similar to what happened on that night.

He spoke softly into my ear, the air filled with warmth, leaving me breathless. Each word he said, sending shivers down my spine. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as he buried his face into the crook of my neck, whispering, "Hug me."