Chapter Twelve ✔️

"I have to wear the same shirt twice a week."

C H A P T E R      T W E L V E 

CONNOR

Guilt. After seeing her vulnerable, I could not help but feel my heart ache for her. I have been rude to her the past couple of days and never thought once that she might have problems of her own. The way she cried out in pain made me feel even worse. I should not have treated her the way I did and I didn't know what to do.

I parked my car outside Aaron's house.

"The guys are coming over, you can come after you drop them off." I nod and Aaron gets out of the car but Kylie stops him.

"Aaron by any chance do you have a hose?" Kylie asked. Aaron looked curiously and nodded his head unsurely.

"Can I borrow it?" She asked and got out of the car.

"I do-"

"Thank you!" She interrupted him. Before he could say anything, she went to the other side of the car. She grabbed Audrey and pulled her up, but she fell to the ground. I jumped out of the car to see if Audrey was hurt or not.

"Kylie, are you mad?" I questioned and she rolled her eyes.

"Here, you hold her." She practically threw Audrey at me and I quickly grabbed her as her head laid against my chest.

"Pick her up and take her to Aaron's lawn," Kylie instructed me. Why is she telling me what to do?

"Why should I listen to you? Here, you take her." I pushed her towards Kylie and she grabbed Audrey almost making her fall.

"What are you doing, Connor? I'm not that strong, which is why I told you to pick her up, hence which is why you will pick her up." She pushed Audrey back to me and I quickly secured my arms around her waist holding her up.

"Fine," I said gruffly and picked her up. She curled up closer to me as she slept peacefully. A small smile played along my lips. I have to admit she looked quite adorable. I walked towards the lawn and looked around where did she go?

"Kylie, I-" Kylie sprayed water on us making Audrey jolt up in surprise. I pulled Audrey close to me so that she would not fall. She held onto me tightly and opened her eyes as the water splashed onto us.

"Really? Why did you spray me?" I asked angrily as she continued to spray water on me.

"How else could I spray Audrey, you dimwit," Kylie said while laughing. Why didn't she as- Aaron was standing next to Kylie taking a fucking video that's why she did not ask him.

"What? Is someone scared of getting a little wet?" Kylie asked. Just then Audrey shook around in my arms and her eyes widened. I held her as we both got sprayed, but she jolted out of my arms scaring me. I guess she is sober now.

"Kylie, if I were you I would run," Audrey said with anger. I was taken aback by her tone, but Kylie was not.

"Aw, what are you gonna do? Break my pencil? Girl, try me, I am not scared." Kylie said while laughing. She took one step forward and Kylie's smile disappeared.

"Audrey, why don't we talk about this?" She asked but Audrey did not waste any time and launched towards Kylie. I chuckled as she playfully fought with Kylie. Audrey must have said or done something but Kylie dropped the hose.

"Hey, you tricked me." Kylie frowned, making Audrey laugh. This is the first time I heard her laugh. It was sweet and angelic. I got out of their way and walked towards Aaron.

"Hey Aaron, can I borrow a towel?" I asked and he nodded.

"Before I give you one, I'm going to turn off the water before they spray the whole entire neighborhood." Aaron said. He turned off the water and went inside to get the towel. Audrey was currently sitting on Kylie I guess tackling her in a way. I took my shirt off and attempted to dry myself but failed to do so. I look back to see them hugging. What? Weren't they just-- I'm not even going to ask. Girls. I rolled my eyes.