Chapter Eleven ✔️

"Why are you two wet?

C H A P T E R    E L E V E N 

AUDREY

"I think she passed out." I open my eyes trying to regain my consciousness. I looked around my surroundings to see myself in what looked like Connor's car. I was in the backseat beside Kylie. My head pounded through my ears, causing a great amount of pain and discomfort.

"What happened to her?" Aaron asked worriedly.

"Her drink was spiked by that hot waiter," Kylie responded.

"I don't know what that waiter was thinking, he isn't even good-looking what mad-"

"Hey for your information that waiter is hot, oh god, his hair... his smile was breathtaking just thinking about it gives butterflies to my stomach. Tall figure, big hands, huge dic-," I slurred but Kylie stopped me. I was lying but seeing Connor's reaction through the rearview mirror satisfied me. His hands tightened on the wheel as he glared at the cars in front of him ahead.

"Are you jealous?" I asked Connor and he scoffed.

"Why on earth would I be jealous?" he asked.

"Because even you know that the guy from the diner is hotter, taller, sexier. While you on the other hand are half as good looking, shorter, and have a small dic-" Kylie stopped me again by covering my mouth. I pinched my fingers together motioning how big he was. I laughed loudly and he rolled his eyes, ignoring me, and continued to drive.

"Does she tell the truth when she's drunk?" Aaron asked amused.

"I'm not sure, this is the first time she has ever got drunk." Kylie's cheeks reddened, and my jaw dropped at the sight of seeing her flustered. I threw my body to the other side of the car so that I could get closer to Kylie.

"Are you blushing?" I questioned as I poked her cheeks. Aaron immediately turned around and sat forward. I moved to the left a bit so that I could get a quick glimpse at Aaron's face as well, but I couldn't see him. Giving up, I put my head on Kylie's lap slowly falling asleep. A phone rang interrupting my nap; I tried to ignore it in the hopes of it stopping but it didn't.

"Can one of you please pick up your damn phone, I'm trying to sleep." I pulled my hair as the headache got worse, making me very aggravated.

"Audrey, it's your phone," Kylie said. I grabbed my phone. It was my mother, oh god, what did she want.

"Where are you, Audriana? Are you okay?" she asked with fake concern. What is she up to now?

"Haha, you are so funny, mother dearest. Go show this fake concern to someone else I do not have time for this. I was trying to sleep, until you rudely interrupted me," I spat.

"Sweetie, I'm not sure what you're talking about." I chuckled.

"Cut the crap, what do you want? You want something, what is it?" I questioned. I have never talked to them this way even if they treat me horribly. Sober Audrey would never have the courage to say any of this or even dare.

"You are getting better at this, anyway you are right. I thought I would have to sweet talk my way and tell you. Normally, you'd fall for it because you are gullible. Your grandfather wants you to go-" The angry-sad tears that I was holding in were finally letting loose. I'm not strong and I never will be. The pain that she is giving me is slowly tareing me apart. I held onto my chest tightly trying to control my breathing but it hurt so much. Why can't she for once tell me that she loves me? That she will support me with whatever decision I make? Why can't she just accept me?

"What have I done wrong? Tell me." I breathed out. I sit up straight against my seat and close my eyes. Take it easy, everything will be alright.

"Not again with this melodramatic act." she said.

"Mommy, please tell me. I want to know because I can not live like this anymore. It hurts so much." I whimpered. I felt uneasy releasing all the emotions and feelings that I had bottled up all my life. Someone took my phone away and I didn't do anything to stop them.

"Hello, Audrey is not feeling well. I will explain it when we come back home." Why is Kylie telling her that? I realized this was my only chance to tell my mother how I felt. She ended the call and looked at me.

"Why are you looking at me that way?" Kylie asked. I shut my eyes and let the pain that I have been holding in for the longest time out.

"This was my only chance, Kylie. I should have told her I should have..." I just wanted to know why my mother hates me. Kylie's eyes teared up at my sigh. I wanted to be strong in their eyes even if I didn't feel it inside. In reality, I was slowly dying in front of their eyes. The things my parents did to me when I was younger had stained me, I felt like a homeless child even though I had a home. In the big mansion, I felt like a piece of garbage that is meant to be thrown away.

"Come here, don't cry." Kylie grabbed me and hugged me tightly not letting me go.

"It hurts so much, Kylie, it won't stop." My heart clenched.

"Kylie-" I rested my face against Kylie's shoulder as she hugged me.

"Shh, don't talk it's okay." She rubbed my back trying to calm me down and it was making me a bit drowsy. My surroundings dimmed down slowly, now black. My eyelids are feeling heavy and my feet are numb leaving me in bliss as I close my eyes. 

Q/A: Finally she stood up to her mom, would you?