Chapter Nine ✔️

"Then why are you marrying Audrey if you are with Sarah?"

C H A P T E R    N I N E

AUDREY

My phone buzzed, breaking the awkward silence. It's Kylie.

Bring cake to my grave and dig it beside me.

I laughed at the thought. I didn't think the car ride with Lauren would be that bad. My phone buzzed again but it was Sarah this time. The tension in the air rose as I pressed her name.

Break this marriage and then I'll believe you.

This is my only chance to do this.

"How do you know, Sarah?" Connor asked.

Should I tell him? But I promised and it's not any of his business. I think it is better to stay quiet.

"Aren't you gonna answer?" he asked annoyed. He ran his hand frustratedly. His hair now messy, gone all over the place making me laugh because his hair resembled Edward Scissorhands.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked. I tried to tell him but I couldn't. He stopped the car making me jerk forward and then backwards. The sound of my laughter died and I straightened myself up.

"Stop laughing, you're so fucking annoying. You need to break this marriage at all costs. I can't break it so-" I laughed bitterly o and this time it was because I was frustrated and annoyed..

"What do you think I am doing, Connor? What have I been doing the past two days? I have been trying." I told him.

"It doesn't seem like you are trying. It seems like you want to marry me and-"

"Oh god, you are so full of yourself. I want to marry you? Are you kidding me? I will tell you this once so get this through your thick skull, Siccorhands. I don't want to marry you and heck I would never want to. Your dating Sarah, even if I did ike you I would never do taht to her. If you don't understand that may the lord help you," I spat out. No one seems to believe me.

"What do you mean you wouldn't do that to her. What are you to her exactly? I saw some of the things in the box but didn't go threw it. And mo one knows that we are dating, and who is Scissorhands?" He asked confused.

"That's none of your business," I said, looking out the window I ignored him for the rest of the ride.

We were almost at school but out of no where he stopped the car causing me to jerk forward, "Ouch what was that for."

"Get out," he said.

"Why?" I asked and that's when I remembered and instantly smiled. They are going public today. I took my seatbelt off before he could say anything.

"I'll go but you look messy you can't go out in public with Sarah like this, Scissorhands." I know Sarah and I aren't on the best terms right now but I still care about her and her happiness. This day means a lot to her; it is something that she has been looking forward to for years.

"How-"

"Shut up also what the hell is wrong with your hair?" I gave him a disgusted look as I inspected him.

"What-"

"Shh," I said to him. I grabbed his face so it was facing towards me and I fixed his hair by running my hands through it. He wacked my hand as I tried to fix it. I hit his hand in return and his eyes widened.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you are annoying, Connor?" I smiled and in return he just glared at me. He listened and placed his head down so that I could fix it. How does it feel now Connor?