Chapter Fifteen ✔️

"Where to?" the taxi asked.

"To a hotel." 

C H A P T E R    F I F T E E N

AUDREY

I got up and followed them. I have to stop Aaron before he does something. I found them standing in an empty lobby and I ran towards them.

"Is everything okay?" Connor asked. I looked at Aaron and he looked at me and nodded. No, he can't do this not now. I have to think of something fast.

"I have to tell you somethin-"

"Aaron! I told you that I wanted to tell him!" I quickly said. They both looked at me confused. Oh god, I hope this works.

"What were you going to tell me?" Connor asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"I have a boyfriend," I stated. He looked shocked but then his face hardened.

"So?" he asked. Why does he seem upset? I thought this would be good news for him.

"Is it the diner guy? If so, then I-" Connor stopped talking when I wrapped my arm against Aaron's. His eyes widened and he tried to pull his arm away, but I held it tightly against my side. He tried to resist again, but I stepped on his foot to stop him. He forcefully let out an awkward laugh and smiled at me. I grabbed his arm and wrapped it around my waist and kept it there. He looked like he was about to throw up.

"I already told Grandpa, that Aaron is my boyfriend so you don't have to worry about the marriage anymore." I wasn't lying but I couldn't help but feel guilty because I threw Aaron into my mess without asking him.

"What? No-" I placed my hand on his chest and gave him my best fake smile.

"Baby, we don't have to hide our relationship anymore." I said while kissing his cheek. Goodbye virgin lips. Yuck, I wanted to push him away, but I stayed. I have to do this. I felt uncomfortable and I could tell Aaron was as well.

"So you two are dating?" Connor's eyes darkened. He let out a bitter laugh as if he was mocking us. He looked away and ran his hand through his hair.

"Yes we are," I said confidently. Connor nodded and gave me a disappointed look.

"Good, at least I wouldn't have to marry someone who is two-faced bitch," Connor spat and walked away.

"Why are you angry? You and Sarah can finally be together, don't you want that?" I asked him. I let go of Aaron and gave Connor my full attention. They both were happy together and now that I'm fulfilling my promise. Why is he upset?

"Of course." He shoved his shoulder against me making me stumble. I turned around to stop him, but found Kylie standing by the door, crying? I took a step forward, but she turned around and walked away. Oh god, what happened?

"Aaron, I am so sorry. I did not want you to tell him because it would only make things worse. I should not have used your name but I need your help just for a while though. If you feel uncomfortable, I totally understand I will just think of a different idea." His eyes softened and sighed.

"I-I can't, I like someone."

"Do I know her?" I asked and he nodded. Who could it be? I don't know a lot of people. Could it be Kylie? After how they were together back at his house?

"Is it Kylie?" I asked and he blushed furiously.

"Oh my god! How long have you liked her?" I asked him.

"For a couple of years," my eyes widened.

"Don't tell her though," I nodded understanding.

"I am so sorry. I'll come up with a different idea. I'll clear your name to Kylie after this dinner. I'll tell her the truth," I said. Now I'm feeling guilty. Does Kylie also like Aaron? Is that why she reacted the way that she did.