Chapter 1

I ran to Augustus as he held his pale, thin arms out to me. I knew I had to be careful, because even though he was alive, that didn't mean he was completely well.

He was alive.

"Gus!" I cried into hos shoulder. Gus still said nothing.

After a long silenceof nothing but hugging and sobbing, Gus finally spoke.

"Hi, Hazel Grace." He said - I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Hi." We just looked into each other's eyes.

Not a single movement.

He was mesmorizing. Beautiful, even though boys aren't supposed to be,

My angel. He was alive.

"Hazel Grace?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Close your eyes." He said, "mom, dad, turn around."

I closed my eyes. And slowly, but surely, felt the sensation of his warm, soft lips against mine. I happily returned the favor.

He wrapped his skinny arms around my waist as I cupped his face in my hands, happy to see that it was warm.

But he was alive.

When we finally released for air, Gus's smile was even brighter than before. As if that was possible.

"I missed you Hazel." He whispered.

"I missed you too."

"I guess our little infinity is bigger than other infinities." He said.

"Stronger than most relationships." I added.

"Can we turn around now?" Gus's mom asked.

"No....not quite." I smirked.

Gus winked at me.

"I shoved his lips into mine, and a warm fuzzy feeling flooded my system.

I bit his lip. and we released just as his parents turned around.