Chapter 10

After a few days, Gus and I were back on track. We took daily strolls though the park, however slow, and Gus's prosthetic arm was recently attatched to his body.

"Hazel Grace?" Gus stopped.

"Yeah?"

"Let's go to Paris."

Now it was my turn to pause.

"Paris, France?"

"No, Paris Texas." He smirked.

"Ha-ha. I'd love to go to Paris, except that costs thousands of dollars. I have about $5 in my pocket." I sighed.

"So we make a donation fund." Gus pressed.

"Thats mean...to take advantage of people by using the cancer excuse." I frowned.

"But we wouldn't say that. We could say "help two madly in love teenagers who don't have much time left get to Paris!" That way no one knows who we are, why we are dying, and whoever is trying to kill us won't know it's us." Gus looked proud of himself.

"You're nuts, you know that?" I asked.

"Is that a yes?"

"I guess it couldn't hurt to try. Even thought I feel guilty about it." I said.

"You're just that kind of person, Hazel Grace." Gus looked proud of me this time.

"But please don't be disappointed if we don't get to go, okay?"

"Okay."

~~~~

It was 3 in the morning two days after Gus asked to go to Paris.

"Issaac? What do you need?" I asked groggily.

"She's nuts." He said.

"What?"

"Call the cops and send them to yours, mine, and Gus's house. She already got me. You guys are next."

Then he hung up.

I called the cops, figuring this is pretty serious. I called Gus to warn him too.

He picked up midway through the 1st ring.

"She's coming." He said.

"who is she??" I asked.

"Monica!! She already broke Issaac's window but his parents got her away. Did Issaac call you too?" He blabbed.

"Yes, calm down babe. I called the cops too. Be careful, alright?"

"Okay...I love you."

"I love you too."

"I hope we can still go to Paris."

I hung up, too upset over why he said that.

There may be a chance we can't go. And that reason was not what was expected.