Chapter 25

Mine and Gus's parents waved at us and our chaperone from the other end of the security gate three weeks later. Both the moms were crying and our dads were pretty close to it. So was I, actually, because for all we knew, this could be the last time I ever saw them.

The chaperone was mandated by Doctor Maria. Her name was Shelby, and she would have a different room from us, one floor up. She wouldn't be our travel partner unless asked to join. She would follow us from a respectable distance in case something happened. Her main purpose was to call the hospital if something major happened, or if she, from a distance, could see that our behaviors were dangerous. I understood, and so did Gus, but neither of us were too excited about it.

~~

The plane ride was long, but not as long as the ride to Amsterdam. Gus and I watched movies while Shelby listened to music. She seemed very sweet, and I felt bad about not wanting her to come.

About halfway into the flight, Gus fell asleep on my shoulder. I felt safe this way, wrapped around him. I felt like nobody would hurt me. Even though, to the outside world, Gus and I seemed weak and fragile, ready to shatter at any moment, I knew that everything we'd been through had only made us stronger. I was invincible. Gus was invincible. Together, we'd take Paris by storm.

~~

The hotel was stunning. The walls were pale blue, and the bed was plushy. Gus and I immediately locked our door and fell asleep tangled up in each other's arms on the bed. We would be taking Paris by storm, but even the most invincible of people need to cure themselves of jet lag before they do.

A/N OMG guys I almost have 6k reads!! thank you SO much!! I know that other stories get more but they totally deserve it!! Like these two TMR stories i'm reading by xoAwkwardDiamond and _imagine_fantasy_ who have thousands of reads, and their stories are amazing!!!! But I am grateful for my almost 6k and thank you guys for being amazing!!

-Kara