Chapter 12

"Hazel, if you can raise the money, I'll take you to Paris along with Gus's mom." My mom smiled.

"Really??" I asked.

"Really."

"Gus. We can go to Paris!!!!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head in his shoulder. He squeezed back, hard.

"I love you, Hazel Grace!" And, with his real arm, picked me up off the ground.

"We'll leave you two to plan the fundraiser." Dad said, and the four of them went out to eat dinner.

~~

"We can do a bunch of them, but our biggest one will be the one online." I suggested.

"That's a great idea! Possibly a lemonade stand? Bake sale? Something cliche like that." Gus smiled.

I leaned my head onto his shoulder, and Gus put his head on mine.

"I can't believe we might get to go to Paris." I whispered.

"Me neither. I'm going to get to show you what a hopeless romantic I am."

"You mean you haven't already?" I giggled.

"Not even close, Hazel Grace. I love you beyond words and beyond time." Gus looked at me, and his eyes were sparkly.

"Our little infinity isn't over yet." I smiled, and leaned in to kiss my Augustus.

He kissed back so gently, but I could feel the love and passion going into my lips and spreading to every nook and cranny of my body. I shivered.

"Are you cold?" He asked, wrapping his real arm around me.

"You just give me chills." I blushed.

"Oh, well, in that case..." He turned my head towards him and kissed me with hunger. Fierce passion, and, you guessed it. Heat."

I fell onto my back as Gus climbed on top of me.

"Gus, baby, not now." I teased as I got up.

"Damn, tough crowd."

I threw my head back in laughter.