Chapter 30 (final chapter)

I was crying, and the tears wouldn't stop. Gus was just staring at me. I hadn't said anything. I was too shocked to speak. It was all I could give to nod and smile as I bawled. Gus began to cry, too, as he shakily slipped a beautiful ring onto my left forefinger.

He stood up and pulled me into his arms, and I collapsed into his embrace.

"Thank you, Hazel Grace." He muttered into my hair. I pulled my head away, and very gently, pressed my lips to his. He immediately responded by cupping my face in his hands and pulling me closer.

"I love you so much Augustus Waters. I love you so so so much." I whispered.

"It's true, what I said. I would do anything for you."

The door clanged open, and Shelby walked in.

"What happened here?" She asked. I couldn't speak again, I just held out my ring. Shelby gasped.

"I'm so happy for you guys! I'm very sorry for intruding, I'll just leave you alone..." Just as Shelby was about to leave, Gus grabbed her wrist and pulled me and her into a hug.

"Thank you for taking us to Paris so I could marry Hazel." He said. Shelby blushed.

A thought hit me. "Gus, how did you manage to afford all this?" I asked.

"I may have been saving up my own money, and my parents already knew, so they helped me. Your parents knew, too." Gus laughed.

"They did?! They knew I was getting married before I did?" I hiccuped. "How does that even work?"

~~

Everyone was settled back into their hotel rooms. I had snuggled up close into Gus's body.

"I can't wait to wake up to your beautiful face every day." Gus beamed.

"Oh, that's so cheesy, but frankly, I feel the same way." I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, by the way." Gus said.

"For what?

"Saying yes."

"How could I not?" I began, "when the person I love more than anything or anyone in the world is the one who asked me? You know, you're not the only one who would do anything for some one."

"I was hoping you would say that." Gus kissed me again. I had grown so used to the warmth of his lips, that mine felt cold when they weren't connected with his.

"Goodnight, Hazel Grace." He whispered.

"Goodnight, Augustus Waters. Je t'aime." I replied.

"I love you too." He said. I could hear his smile.

I smiled to myself. Gus probably had known french this whole time, and just wanted me to speak it so he could listen. He knew french like he knew me. But he wanted me to figure out who I was in front of him. I loved Augustus Waters. Nothing would ever change that, and nothing ever has.

A/N AAANNNDDD that's the end! I hope you liked it!! I wrote chapters 26-30 in one day because i didn't want to lose my idea, haha. If you want an epilogue, comment below!! <3

-Kara