Chapter 11

I was not just about to cancel our plans because of some bitch.

I had called the cops, they got to Gus before she did.

But that wasn't my case.

The police I sent to myself got here minutes after Monica did. And it only takes a few minutes to do a lot of damage.

My front door was kicked down, lamps smashed, portraits of my family and I shattered and torn.

My oxygen tank? Almost smashed. But then the cops came and caught Monica in the act, and sent her to Juvenile Detention for who knows how long.

So no, I wasn't going to throw this idea away. But of course, after the Monica debocle, there still lies one major cinder block down our path.

Our parents.

~~

"Hey guys." Gus said as he walked in with his mom and dad.

"Mr, and Mrs. Waters! Come on in, have a seat." My mom said.

"Thanks very much!" Gus's dad replied.

"SO. Gus, Hazel, what's this idea you have?" My dad asked.

I hadn't planned anything, and neither had Gus. Heh...

"We wanna go to Paris."I blurted. Gus laughed. I knew that sounded ridiculous.

"Umm, honey." Mom just looked at me.

"We were thinking we could have a fundraiser. To raise the money to go. We wouldn't exploit our cancer or tell the public who we are, but we can't ask you guys to pay for it." Gus said. Man, was I glad to have him by my side right now.

"Guys, it sounds fun. But we cannot let you go alone. It's way too risky." Gus's mom frowned.

"We wouldn't go by ourselves! We would go with one or two of you guys....but have seperated but connected rooms." I blushed.

They seemed to understand me.

"Hazel, sweetheart, I just don't know..." Mom said.

"I actually did the math, calculated how much it would cost to fly there, back, and all the thing in between." Gus pulled out his phone.

"$640 for a roundtrip, tickets are buy one get one half off next month, so that would be $960. Plus $960 is $1,920. Plus $235 for the rooms - I found the cheapest one nearest to downtown Paris - is $2,155. Plus, say, $200 each to spend while we are there, which comes to a grand total of $2,755." Gus looked proud.

"Wow, you did math in summer? You must really want to go." Gus's dad laughed.

I held Gus's hand as we nodded our heads vigorously.