Chapter 17

As Gus and I laughed in the rain, lightning started to flash and thunder started to growl.

"We should probably go inside." I giggled.

My house was closer, so we went there.

"Hi, Hazel, hey Gus." Dad said when we came to the door. "Why are you soaked? You had a tent right?"

"Yeah, we did. But after we cleaned everything up Gus and I played in the rain." I smiled.

"Oh, that sounds delightful. Just be careful of your tank, honey." Mom called from the kitchen.

My smile faded. That damn tank. Ruining everything.

Gus seemed to notice my mood change, because he grabbed my hand and squeezed.

"We'll be upstairs! I'll be back to help make dinner in an hour." I added, because I promised to spend more time with my family.

"Have fun!" Mom said.

"Not too much fun..." Dad added. I blushed as Gus smirked.

~~

"I need a shower." I declared as I walked into my bedroom.

"Funny, I was just thinking the same thing." Gus wiggled his eyebrows.

"I mean...we would be saving water if we just showered together..." I pondered. "Okay."

"Yes!!" Gus ripped off his shirt. And his pants.

God damn.

As I stripped down to my underwear, I thought about Gus. I mean, yes, I'd seen him naked before. But you would think cancer was a professional body trainer with his abs. God, I loved him.

"Don't we need to take off our underwear?" Gus winked.

"You can, but I'm putting on a bathing suit. Don't get any ideas." I laughed.

"Dammit. Cockblocked again." Gus stripped down, and I tried not to blush. I faced away from him as I slipped on my favorite blue bikini.

"Shall we?"

"We shall."

~~

A/N THIS PART OF THE CHAPTER IS TV-14 OR WHATEVER IT IS

Gus and I were scrubbing each other's body when his hand slipped underneath my bikini top.

"You're so beautiful..." He whispered.

"Gus..." I pressed my forehead to his chest, because that was all I could reach. He picked me up with his one arm and gently pushed me against the shower wall for support.

He smashed his lips onto mine, and I returned the passion happily.

As he lowered me, I began to untie the top of my bathing suit.

'I won't let it go any farther than this...' I thought to myself.

And when Gus tried to slip off my bottoms, I swatted his hand away and shook my head.

"I understand." He looked sad, but I knew we would get there eventually.

I hoped.