Chapter 21

That evening, Gus had entered my bedroom.

"Hazel Grace! I've missed you." He smiled and held a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He placed them in an empty vase and snuggled next to me on my bed.

"I've missed you too." I kissed the corner of his mouth.

"You missed." He smirked.

"Not today, not today. I can barely walk without losing my breath. Kissing you is a whole different story." I giggled.

"Oh is it?" He taunted. "So if I do this..." -He kissed my neck- "And this..." -He kissed my collarbone- "And especially this," he kissed my jawline, "will you lose your breath?" He walked his fingers up my arm, sending chills throughout my body. God damn that boy, he knew my turn-ons. I was breathing heavily now, and I couldn't help but kiss Gus everywhere that turned him on. And he had some weird ones.

I kissed his nose. I kissed his neck. I kissed his chin. I even kissed his fingers, one by one, and his fake ones, and ended with a lingering peck on the corner of his mouth.

"Damn it Hazel Grace, how do you always manage to do that to me?" Gus panted, rubbing the area right below my shirt.

"I know you too well." I put my hand on top of this. It was warm - his real hand.

"I love you so much Hazel Grace. I hope you understand."

It didn't sound like he was just saying it. It sounded like he was trying to warn me; if I broke, he broke.

"I hope you realize that I love you a thousand times more than anybody has ever loved anyone else." I put my head in the crook of his neck.

"Except for me loving you." He kissed the top of my head.

After that, I fell asleep, the little energy I had gone from my body.