Chapter 18

The waitress, Moyu, patted Lin Xinglan's head.

"It's great that you aren't feeling unwell anymore, we were worried."

She saw how Lin Xinglan began to work in the late afternoon, at first she thought she saw wrong but then she knew she didn't so she went up to Lin Xinglan.

Lin Xinglan smiled and politely gave the waitress an answer, "Thank you for your concern, Miss Moyu. Xinglan is feeling well now."

Moyu nodded her head in response, as long as Lin Xinglan wasn't feeling unwell she can rest her worries. She bothered Lin Xinglan whenever she had the chance to because she would always feel jealous over her but when she saw her feeling unwell, she couldn't stop worrying.

"Hmph, it's better for you to work instead of taking the day off. Now, stop slacking off, we wouldn't want you to get fired soon." After Moyu said that, she walked away as she acted proudly.

Lin Xinglan didn't know whether to laugh or cry, in the end, was the waitress worried over her or not? She helplessly shook her head.

Lin Xinglan didn't expect that she would receive another morning errand the next day. She was pondering seriously whether she would accept it or simply reject it. She absolutely did not want to encounter the same thing as yesterday so she rejected it after some thinking but when the owner heard it, he only scoffed and mercilessly forced her to do it anyway, not caring what she thought, after all, it was just a small errand. Naturally, the owner didn't know what had happened to Lin Xinglan.

Lin Xinglan sighed miserably, with a bitter expression on her face, she went out for the errand.

Fortunately, she didn't get robbed for the second time. Perhaps it was because she didn't dare to take the shortcut again after what happened.

Lin Xinglan stretched her body after she finished with her tasks the steward had given. Her body was stiff and painful from all the hard work she had done, the evil steward didn't made her life easy at all. She never knew the steward could be so evil behind his gentle smile, you really shouldn't underestimate people just by their appearances.

"Thank you for your hard work, Miss Xinglan." The so called evil steward gave her his famous gentle smile.

She just wanted wipe off the smile of his but since he was old and was the steward, she needed to pay him with respect.

"It was nothing, Steward Mu." She politely responded. Oh, how she regretted her words. Just as she responded the steward called Mu, his smile became deeper.

"Ah, I see. Then you shouldn't have a problem doing the tea leaves task, isn't that so?"

Lin Xinglan's face paled when she heard him, of course she had a problem!

Doing the tea leaves task was annoying as it took time and you needed to have patience which she lacked. She had to separate all the different tea leaves and then count them one by one to confirm everything was just as the list said. Just by separating the tea leaves would leave her at least with sore shoulders.

However, because Lin Xinglan herself had already said the tasks she did before was nothing, she had no choice but to accept it.

"Of course not, Steward Mu. Xinglan will take her leave now to work." She politely responded while gritting her teeth.

Steward nodded in satisfaction and walked away.

Steward Mu, how hateful! Did I do something to you in your past life that made you torture me for no reason? Why are you being so mean to me, ah?! I'm only a harmless little girl, show some mercy!

Lin Xinglan wasn't completely wrong, the steward was being harsh on her but only because of how she was slacking off often. He only wanted her to pay off all the time she had been slacking off by adding her with some hard tasks. Only then would he feel relieved and satisfied.

The staff did pity Lin Xinglan but not enough to worry about her, they distinctly knew why the steward was being harsh, to begin with, it was Lin Xinglan's own fault for not properly working. Since not even the owner said anything as if he didn't have any problem with it, they also didn't dare to do anything.

It took two whole days for Lin Xinglan to finish the tea leaves task, her shoulders were sore and her arms felt heavy, even moving her neck was painful. Also, adding on with her body condition before she even started doing the tasks, her body was now worn out and she just wanted to sleep and rest for eternity.

Even if she didn't know how or what she did, she decided to never offend the steward ever again. Not wanting to experience such painstaking and time consuming tasks again, she stayed far away from the steward whenever she worked so he wouldn't pick her again and push some more hard working tasks on her.

However, the steward was just too stubborn and never gave up on her. In the end, she couldn't take anymore and just exploded. The steward looked calmly at her, as if her action didn't bothered him at all.

"Well, Miss Xinglan, why didn't you just say so from the beginning? If you had said you didn't want to take such tasks because it was too much, this old steward could have asked someone else."

Hearing the steward saying such thing, Lin Xinglan immediately wanted to kill herself.

The steward was right, she had never rejected him whenever he asked her to do tasks and it wasn't like he ordered her to do them, he even asked her if she had any objection.

Is this the 'you brought it upon yourself' kind of thing?

This was something she only had herself to blame.

Unbeknownst to her, she had actually been played by the steward.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

Steward Mu is such a sly fox.
Aye, uploaded another chapter only because it's weekend and I had free time.

Not really. *Cough* Homework. But I'm taking a break. A long one.