Chapter 59

Her bare feet lightly pounded on the floor as she hastily ran inside Qiang Jingyi's manor, she ignored the startled servants, she was busy trying to get to Qiang Jingyi. Finally seeing the figure of the person she wanted to see going to enter the manor, Lin Xinglan didn't care about her bare feet and began to run faster towards him. When Qiang Jingyi saw that Lin Xinglan was running with great speed, he wanted to tell her to slow down. He was afraid she would fall and hurt herself but he didn't have the time as he saw her suddenly jump down the outdoor staircase.

His heart almost dropped in fright, seeing her about to land on the middle of the staircase, he walked up a few steps before catching her in his arms as her legs wrapped around him. Luckily, he was almost halfway done with walking up the stairs, if he wasn't, he wouldn't know what to do if he had been too late to catch her.

Lin Xinglan, who was ignorant of his inner turmoil, wrapped her arms around his neck and laughed joyfully, thinking that it was a fun thing to do. Admittedly, she did have a small thought of possibly dying or getting badly injured but she knew Qiang Jingyi would catch her so she unhesitatingly threw herself at him.

"Wow, I'm so gonna do it again!"

When Qiang Jingyi heard her words, his face slightly paled and he pinched the side of her waist. She almost gave him a heart attack by jumping down the staircase and she still wanted to do it again, was she trying to kill him?

"Ah!" Lin Xinglan let out a startled sound with a tiny trace of pain.

"You dare to do it again?"

Shaking her head, she denied, "No, I won't do it again."

"I hope you will keep your words."

"Of course!"

Qiang Jingyi was about to put Lin Xinglan down but then he noticed that she didn't wear any shoes, making his face dark.

"Lan, you are really something huh?"

Her body slightly tensed from his words, Lin Xinglan impulsively swallowed a mouthful of saliva, "Jingyi?"

"Jumping down the stairs so recklessly, even without shoes on, should I say that you're rather brave or daring?"

Lin Xinglan silently shed her tears, "I already said I won't do it again...."

Sighing helplessly, Qiang Jingyi hugged her firmly and walked up the rest of the stairs, meanwhile, Lin Xinglan smiled happily and rested her head on his shoulder as she let him carry her inside.

Once they were inside, Qiang Jingyi put her down, and seeing her acting happy and began to walk away, the corner of his lips twitched.

"Lan, aren't you perhaps forgetting something?"

Lin Xinglan immediately stopped in her tracks as she whirled around to face him with a confused face, "Uhh...?"

"Didn't you want something from me?" Qiang Jingyi thought that since she was running with such speed and even threw herself at him she had come to him for some reasons.

Getting reminded by Qiang Jingyi, Lin Xinglan finally remembered why she looked for him and became excited as she ran to him and clutched her hands into his sleeve.

"That's right! Jingyi, have you heard?!"

"Heard what?"

"That the first prince lost his position as the crown prince, of course!" Her eyes sparkled as she told him the great news that she had recently heard.

Qiang Jingyi nonchalantly replied, "Mhm, I know."

"Isn't that such an awesome news?! I wonder what he did to make the Emperor remove him from being the crown prince....."